Saturday, February 10, 2018

John Lundvik: "My Turn" is the true story of my ups and downs in the music industry

Photo: Per Kristiansen
Last week he shined on stage and became one of the finalists from semifinal one and now it's time to post our interview with him. Here are John's answers:
Name: John Lundvik
Birthday: 27th of January
Height: 1,85
Favorite color: black 
Favorite food: indian food
Where are you right now? in my office
3 things that make you happy: laughter, friends & family and training
What’s your strangest talent? mc mechanic
What is the strangest thing you have in your room? a pink bunny
What are you really good at? kissing
What are you really bad at? patience
Childhood idol: Stevie Wonder
Childhood memory: My first bike
Celebrity crush: Izabella Scorupco 
Tell me something no one knows about you: I have to brush my teeth before I perform
What would you do if you were invisible? Walk naked through Stockholm city
Favorite movie: Pursuit of happiness
Favorite TV series: Shooter
What is your guilty pleasure? cheese
If you were a girl for a day, what would you do? Just be myself
Name a song that never fails to make you happy: Isn’t she lovely
Can you teach me some interesting words in Swedish? tacksamhet, lagom, gemytlig
Hello John! Congratulations for making it to the final! How are you doing?
Living the dream, so grateful!

How would you describe yourself as an artist?
Real and honest
Photo: Per Kristiansen
You are one of the participants of Melodifestivalen 2018. How did it all begin?
Through singing at a writing camp
“My turn” is the title of your song, and it’s written by you, Anna-Klara Folin and Jonas Thander. How was it to work with them?
Fantastic experience with a great outcome.

What’s the story behind the song?
The true story of my ups and downs in the music industry. Also about taking chances in life while you can.
Photo: Melfest Live page
Describe the song with 4 words:
Honesty, realness, truth and dreams 

I've described your performance in the semifinal as honest and real, how did you feel in those 3min on stage?
Extremely fortunate and grateful, almost like falling in love for the first time!
Photo: Abraham Engelmark
What do you like about Eurovision?
Eurovision is a great party where everyone is welcome and connected through music.

What do you dislike about Eurovision?
It could be global one day.


Tell me the first thing that comes to your mind when you hear the word:
Clowns: party
Sauna: sweat
Friends arena: dream come true
Technology: in ears
Nature: forrest
Dreams: Portugal

Photo: Per Kristiansen
What are your plans for 2018?
Continue on my musical journey in a positive way

Is there anything you want to say to close the interview?
Thank you so much for having me and showing interest in me
Photo: Melfest Live page
Thanks to John for the interview. All the best in the final!


No comments:

Post a Comment