Thursday, January 26, 2017

Daði Freyr: An 80s funk/disco influenced synthpop alternative dance music producer

Photo: Eggert Þór Jónsson / Sævar J  -  RÚV
Im ready to post another Icelandic interview. This one is going to be the 4th Söngvakeppnin artist on the page and I have to say that I really like his song. (And I love his name!) Here are Daðis answers:
Name: Daði Freyr Pétursson
Birthday: 30 june 1992
Height: 208cm
Favorite color: Emerald Blue
Favorite food: My moms fish soup.
Shoe size: 48
Where are you right now? In my studio in Reinickendorf Berlin.
3 things that make you happy: Food, Friends & Music
What’s your strangest talent? I’m a decent eyebrow dancer.
What is the strangest thing you have in your room? A guitar that I bought at Mauer Park in Berlin for 20 euros. Its custom made but not by anybody that knew what he was doing.
What are you really good at? Remembering lyrics to songs.
What are you really bad at? Remembering names.
Childhood idol: My dad.
Childhood memory: When I was little, Magnús Scheving (as Sportacus) tried to get me on stage to dance with a girl. I was too shy to do it.
Celebrity crush: No one really right now, but once it was Emma Watson.
Tell me something no one knows about you: I just came home after a quick run, and I am sitting in my underwear now on my way to take a shower.
What would you do if you were invisible? I would become the assistant to a magician and blow peoples minds.
Favorite movie: The Boat That Rocked (Pirate Radio)
Favorite TV series: Survivor, Adventure Time and Rick & Morty.
Tell me a super power you wish you had: Flight probably, would look epic on stage.
What is your guilty pleasure? Reality TV
If you were a girl for a day, what would you do? I probably wouldn’t change my day that much :)
Name a song that never fails to make you happy: Boy From School by Hot Chip
Can you teach me some interesting words in Icelandic? Pöbbarölt (BarCrawl)
Hello Dadi! How’s it going?
Hi, I am doing very well thank you!

How would you describe yourself as an artist?
I would say that I am an 80s funk/disco influenced synthpop alternative dance music producer.
You are one of the participants of Söngvakeppnin 2017. How did it all begin?
I had made the backing track to the demo a while back and never used it for anything. I decided to write some vocals over that to send in to the competition and here we are.

“Hvað með það?/Is this love?” is the title of your song, what’s the story behind it?
The story is pretty simple. Boy meets girl. Boy is shy. Talks to girl. Girl says: lets go home. Basically its about doing something even if it feels uncomfortable. Just try out stuff, who knows what could happen? Take a chance.
Describe the song with 4 words:
Synthy, Geeky, Happy & More

What can we expect to see on stage for the performance?
You can expect to see custom clothing and self-made electronic instruments. Wind machine, some dancing, lots of singing and maybe confetti.
Have you heard any of the other songs in the competition? Any favorite?
Svala’s Paper is a powerful tune.

What do you like about Eurovision?
I like that it brings europeans together for a night of music. And the bigness of it. The stage is always amazing and the performances are super entertaining.
What do you dislike about Eurovision?
Sometimes I don’t like the songs.
Tell me the first thing that comes to your mind when you hear the word:
Art: Music
Breakfast: Coffee
Nightmare: Dark
18+: Sexy
UFO: Alien
Stage: Mine
What are your plans for 2017?
I am finishing my Bachelors degree at dBs Music in Audio Engineering and Music Production in May. After school I’m planning to live in Berlin with my girlfriend for the summer, making music and making friends. After the summer me and my girlfriend are moving to Cambodia for a while. Maybe half a year, maybe a year, were not quite sure yet. 2017 is going to be a busy year.

Is there anything you want to say to close the interview?
If you are interested in playing the game that goes with the song, where you can help me rescuing the rest of the band (Daði & Gagnamagnið) so we can make it to Söngvakeppnin, go to www.dadifreyr.com <3 <3 <3
Photo: Eggert Þór Jónsson / Sævar J  -  RÚV
Thanks to Daði for the interview! Good luck in the semifinals!

Facebook:´https://www.facebook.com/dadimakesmusic
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/dadimakesmusic/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/dadimakesmusic/

No comments:

Post a Comment