Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Axel Schylström: "When I set up goals for myself I refuse to give up until I have reached them"

Ready for a new Mello interview? Time to get to know more about one of the participants from the 4th semifinal. Here are Axels answers:
Name: - Axel Schylström
Birthday: - 24 February, 1993
Height: - 186 cm (ish)
Favorite color: - Pink
Favorite food: - Italian, I love most kinds of pasta.
Where are you right now? - I'm on a train towards Stockholm.
3 things that make you happy: - Singing, sports (Football) and my girlfriend
What’s your strangest talent? - I am weirdly good at FIFA, unbeatable!
What is the strangest thing you have in your room? - I guess it would be a home made clock on the wall that my dad made out of a drum.
What are you really good at? - I'm good at working hard, when I set up goals for myself I refuse to give up until I have reached them. It's something I really like about myself.
What are you really bad at? - I would say I am a terrible loser. I get angry when I lose. Also I REALLY suck at bowling.
Childhood idol: - David Beckham
Childhood memory: - Mostly playing football out in the yard with my best friend.
Celebrity crush: - Margot Robbie
What would you do if you were invisible? - All kinds of stuff, probably watch what people are doing when they're all alone.
Favorite movie: - Intouchables
Favorite TV series: - How I met your mother
What is your guilty pleasure? - Chocolate, too much chocolate..
If you were a girl for a day, what would you do? - I would go to a nightclub and see what it's like being a girl in that kind of situation. I guess I would do all kinds of things and just experience them as a girl.
Name a song that never fails to make you happy: - September - Earth, Wind & Fire
Can you teach me some interesting words in swedish?- Certainly.
1. "Lagom" - A unique Swedish word, means something is medium good. Like, is the burger too hot or too cold? Its "Lagom".
2. Jävlar - A curse. When you screw up, say "jävlar".
3. "Fika" - Also a unique word. It means grabbing a snack, prefereably coffe with a side of something sweet, like a bun.
There you go!
Hello Axel! Welcome to Melodifestivalen! How are you?
- Very good, thank you!

How would you describe yourself as an artist?
- Well, I do Pop-music and I do it in my own language because I think lyrics are very important.
You are one of the participants of Melodifestivalen 2017. How did it all begin?
- It began a cold morning in 2015 with me standing in line for the auditions of Swedish Idol. I ended up in fourth place. So I started writing songs, and I sent some of them to the Melodifestivalen jury and they obviously liked this one.
“När ingen ser” is the title of your song, and its written by you, Behshad Ashnai, and  David Strääf. How was it working with them?
- Just great, this was the first time we worked together and we haven't known each other for that long. So our success rate writing together is 100%.

What’s the story behind the song?
- Well I met the writers at a party. And we wanted to write something with a positive vibe that day. So we wrote an uptempo song with positive, inspiring lyrics.
Describe the song with 4 words:
- Uptempo, dancy, happy, GOOD.

What can we expect to see on stage for the performance?
- Positive vibes, lots of energy and some dancing.
What do you like about Eurovision?
- I like the greatness of it. Its so big and all the artists bring big numbers and Its just such a well-planned show.

What do you dislike about Eurovision?
- I cant come up with anything really.
Tell me the first thing that comes to your mind when you hear the word:
Idol: - My own journey in Swedish idol.
Breakfast: - Sandwiches
Fangirling: - Honoring.
+18: - Party.
Melodi nummer 5: Awesome
Life: - Fragile, valueble
What are your plans for 2017?
- My first tour this summer, I hope to release more music and hope to keep working with what I love.
Thanks to Axel for the interview. I wish him the best in Mello.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Axel-Schylström-892923440754693/
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/axelschylstrom/
Twitter: http://twitter.com/axelschylstrom

No comments:

Post a Comment