Sunday, May 15, 2016

Eurovision 2016: And the winner is...

UKRAINE!
YES! YES! YES! YES! IM SO FREAKING HAPPY! I CANT BELIEVE IT! WHAT AN EXCITING NIGHT! (ALL CAPS EMOTIONS!)

I'll start by saying GOOD JOB SVT! The whole show was GREAT. Petra and Mans were phenomenal and Edward's script was brilliant. Its going to so hard to top this year's shows.

LOVE LOVE, PEACE PEACE!

Lets watch the moment of the results:
This is so crazy! I remember how mad/disappointed I was back then when she lost the Ukrainian national final in 2011, I still cant believe that a song like this one won the contest. But thats Eurovision, you never know what's going to happen. All these weeks I've seen so many "This song is too dark", "Too sad to win", "The public wont vote for a depressing song", "Eurovision is love peace party songs, not this" comments and last night the audience proved all those people wrong (2nd place in the televote). I hope the triumph of Jamala brings more different songs to the contest. We need more heart, emotions, risky entries, less over produced acts, passion on stage. Im over the moon right now and Im extremely happy for Jamala, This has been one of my favorite ESCs ever and Im glad it had a fantastic ending! GO UKRAINE! GO JAMALA!

BIG SHOUT OUT TO:
FRANCE/AMIR

SWEDEN/FRANS

AUSTRIA/ZOË

BULGARIA/POLI GENOVA

THE NETHERLANDS/DOUWE BOB

GEORGIA/NIKA KOCHAROV & YGL

LATVIA/JUSTS

Photos: Andres Putting (EBU)
Thomas Hanses (EBU)

No comments:

Post a Comment