Friday, March 25, 2016

Zoë: "I'm very passionate about what I do"

Photo: ORF / Milenko Badzic
Today the blog turns into a fantasy land where we will get to know more about the Austrian entry for Eurovision 2016. Here are the answers of ZOË:
Name: Zoë Lauren Straub
Birthday: 01.12.1996
Height: 170cm
Favorite color: green
Favorite food: burgers
Where are you right now? On a balcony
3 things that make you happy: reading, meeting friends, sleeping
What’s your strangest talent? Remembering every dream
What is the strangest thing you have in your room? A princess crown
What are you really good at? Eating
What are you really bad at? Cooking and sports
Childhood idol: Romy Schneider
Childhood memory: Disneyland
Celebrity crush: Aaron Taylor-Johnson
Tell me something no one knows about you: A secret is meant to be a secret ;)
What would you do if you were invisible? Sneak into the movies
Favorite movie: Gladiator
Favorite TV series: Game of thrones
Tell me a super power you wish you had: Teleporting
What is your guilty pleasure? Gummy frogs
If you were a boy for a day, what would you do? I'd rather not say ;)
Name a song that never fails to make you happy: Somewhere over the rainbow
When did you start singing? I honestly don't remember
Can you teach me some interesting words in German? Schweinsbraten (That’s what you should order when you come to Austria, it's a delicious unhealthy meal). Interessante wörter = interesting words. Right now I really can't think of anything I'm sorry. Oh no there is something I forgot Ich liebe dich ;)
Photo: ORF / Milenko Badzic
Hello Zoë! How are you?
I'm feeling very good. This is such an exciting time for me.

How would you describe yourself as an artist?
I'm very passionate about what I do, and I try to keep my authenticity. I love what I do and I try to spread the positive feelings I have when I sing to the audience. I'm also fighting for what I love and what I want to reach one day, I follow my dreams and I never let go of them no matter what happens.

You are going to represent Austria in Eurovision this year. How did it all begin?
My love for music has been there forever. I've watched the Eurovision since I was very little and I never would have thought that one day I'd have the chance to represent my country in this amazing contest. Last year I took part in the national preselection for Austria, it was just a try and I sent my file there. I never would have thought to come that far, so I wasn’t sad when I ended up being third. But at that moment I knew that I wanted to be on this amazing stage, and so I came back this year after releasing an album and having a song played in the Austrian charts. And I won :)
Photo: ORF / Milenko Badzic
“Loin d’ici” is the title of your song, what’s the story behind it?
Loin d’ici is a song about a journey to an imaginary paradise – a place where everyone is happy singing and dancing. It’s not a physical place, more a state of mind.
Describe the song with 4 words:
Positive vibes, love, happiness, peace.

What can we expect to see on stage for the Eurovision performance?
We're currently still working on the performance, the dress and so on, and I don’t want to say too much because changes are being made every day, so hopefully I'll surprise you (in a good way) ;)
Photo: ORF / Milenko Badzic
What do you like about Eurovision?
Well it is the largest entertainment show worldwide and people even in South America watch it, so I love the fact that it builds bridges and it is a platform to know other countries music styles.
Photo: ORF / Milenko Badzic
Tell me the first thing that comes to your mind when you hear the word:
Nightmare: plane crash
Beach: Thailand
French language: moules frites
Cat: pippsi (my cat)
Stage: love
Clones: what? Star wars
Dreams: passion
What are your plans for 2016?
Right now we're totally focused on the esc2016, but I would love to release a second album and also focus more on my acting career.

Is there anything you want to say to close the interview?
I want to thank all the people who are listening to my music and supporting me for the Eurovision! For every thumb up and every comment I'm so grateful, I never would have thought that someday people from other countries would listen to my music and support me in such a great contest. This is an honor for me and thank you with all of my heart.
Thanks to Zoë for the interview! All the best in Eurovision!

Official web: http://zoemusic.at/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/zoemusicofficial
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/zoestraub/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/zoe__music

No comments:

Post a Comment