Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Sanja Vučić: "The performance will follow the emotion of the song"

Photo: Andreja Damnjanović
Dobro jutro! The sun is up and Im here to post a new Eurovision interview! This time we are going to get to know more about the artist who is going to represent Serbia this year. Here are the answers of SANJA VUČIĆ:
Name: Sanja Vučić 
Birthday: 08.08.1993
Height: 170cm
Favorite color: Green
Favorite food: French fries
Where are you right now? In my apartment 
3 things that make you happy: music, dancing and food
What’s your strangest talent? I can twist my tongue to look like a flower
What is the strangest thing you have in your room? My dreadlocks that I cut off
What are you really good at? I guess, singing? :D
What are you really bad at? Math
Childhood idol: Michael Jackson
Childhood memory: careless fun, playing all day, unconditional love
Celebrity crush: Oh my God, James Franco.
Tell me something no one knows about you: No such thing, my roommate knows everything about me. :D
What would you do if you were invisible? Go see what my current crush is doing. Don’t you judge me, everybody would stalk, I guarantee it. :D
Favorite movie: Lord of the rings. ALL OF THEM.
Favorite TV series: How I met your mother
What is your guilty pleasure? Singing Justin Bieber‘s songs while I’m in the shower. xD
If you were a boy for a day, what would you do? I would go around town and make all the women I encounter feel special and beautiful.
Name a song that never fails to make you happy: Bob Marley - Iron Lion Zion
When did you start singing? I have been singing for as long as I can remember, I was probably 3 or 4.
Can you teach me some interesting words in Serbian? BRE- Which means something like “bro” or “damn”, it has no meaning, really. SVEGA MI- It’s like “I swear” I love this phrase.
Photo: Andreja Damnjanović
How would you describe yourself as an artist?
Free, open, unstoppable, always ready to test the boundaries of my vocal abilities, to try every genre I have interest in.

You were selected by RTS to represent Serbia in Eurovision 2016. How did it all begin?
It all began when my band had an appearance in the music show called “Tri boje zvuka” (Three colors of the sound). I guess someone liked what I was doing and how I was doing it. And that’s where it all began.
Photo: Andreja Damnjanović
“Goodbye” is the title of your song, what’s the story behind it?
The song carries with itself a strong emotion, and even stronger message. All through history women have been dealing with abuse, and it has been addressed from all sides, this is one tribute to it in our own making, and where to address it better, and for a greater mass to see it than on Eurovision, we hope the message and the idea will get through and that we’ll never stop fighting.

Describe the song with 4 words:
Majestic, powerful, emotional and empowering.
Photo: Andreja Damnjanović
What can we expect to see on stage for the Eurovision performance?
The performance will follow the emotion of the song, a wonderful team of people are working on the idea, and I assure you it will meet your, I presume, high expectations.

What do you like about Eurovision?
The diversity, the fact that every year this contest brings a great deal of artists, songs, musicians and performers. It is a magnificent spectacle.
Tell me the first thing that comes to your mind when you hear the word:
Nightmare: Darkness
Soul music: Orient
Hair: Messy
Stage: Energy
Freedom: Nature
Clones: copy/paste
Dreams: Clouds
What are your plans for 2016?
To represent my country on the ESC in the best way possible, to make my family and friends proud. To make music, live, laugh and love as much as I can. 

Is there anything you want to say to close the interview?
Never give up on your dreams, I nurtured mine, and look at me, I’M SINGING ON THE EUROVISION, PEOPLE! :D
Photo: Andreja Damnjanović

Thanks to Sanja for the interview! Wish her all the best in Eurovision! Go Serbia!

No comments:

Post a Comment