Saturday, March 26, 2016

IVAN: We are preparing an incredible performance!

Photo: LLC "National music corporation"
Do you hear the howling? Its coming from Belarus and so is this interview, its time to know the man who wants to perform naked on the Eurovision stage. Here are the answers of IVAN:
Name: Aleksander Ivanov
Birthday: 29.10.1994
Height: 194cm
Favorite color: green and blue
Favorite food: my mom's cooking
Shoe size: 43
Where are you right now? Fishing 
3 things that make you happy: Love, peace, pineapple.
What’s your strangest talent? I can stop the hiccups
What is the strangest thing you have in your room? A lot of cans with honey
What are you really good at? Sleeping! )
What are you really bad at? Making salto
Childhood idol: Spiderman
Childhood memory: Pokémon, Dendy game box and my first guitar!
Tell me something no one knows about you: I want to write music for cartoons
What would you do if you were invisible? I would go to a safari without a car 
Craziest thing you've ever done: Salto)
Favorite movie: A BEAUTIFUL MIND
Favorite TV series: Supernatural and Game of Thrones
Tell me a super power you wish you had: I wish I could fly
What is your guilty pleasure?  Sausage with ice-cream 
If you were a girl for a day, what would you do? I would rather not say :)
Name a song that never fails to make you happy: Twist and Shout - Beatles
Can you teach me some interesting words in Belarusian? Abcuhi – this means pliers. Dziakuy – this means thanks ). 
Photo: LLC "National music corporation"
How would you describe yourself as an artist?
I`m very tall... I`m a kind and happy guy and I want to share these feelings with the audience. Making music makes me happy! It`s such an amazing feeling when you create some vibes and sounds that could become a song that someone will listen to and maybe even like!. I like the sound of rock music and Im trying to recreate it.
You were the winner of the Belarusian National final and you are going to represent Belarus in Eurovision 2016. How did it all begin?
One day my producer thought about entering the Eurovision but this remained just as an idea for a long time. When we gave this idea a more serious thought, we only had two weeks before the qualifying rounds began. We didn`t have a song at that moment, and everything happened so fast. Finally we found a track and sent it to the Belorussian judges and they accepted it and then the work began.
Photo: LLC "National music corporation"
“Help you fly” is the title of your song, what’s the story behind it?
My song is about freedom and hope. In this song I aim to inspire and help people who feel despair and who have lost their true selves. Overall my song has a positive message for people. 
Describe the song with 4 words:
Liberating, Inspiring, Hope, Happiness

This week we learned about your plans for the Eurovision performance. Who came up with the idea of performing naked with wolves and why would you like to do that?
The idea came from my producer Victor Drobysh. I trust him and he trusts me. With the wolves, we want to show how something wild and uncontrollable can become kind and friendly. We thought about the outfit for a long time. If I was to wear a material such as leather I would look like a hunter and this kills the feeling of nature we want to show.
If the EBU doesn’t accept the idea, can you tell me what the plan B is?
We are not thinking about a plan B. It would be a shame if they reject the idea because we are preparing an incredible performance!

Will we ever see the "naked with wolves" performance outside of Eurovision?
Who knows))
Photo: LLC "National music corporation"
What do you like about Eurovision?
Everything! The atmosphere, the big audience around the world who follows the contest and the friendships I will make. Also the great musical experience it will give me.
Photo: LLC "National music corporation"
Tell me the first thing that comes to your mind when you hear the word:
Nightmare: Before Christmas
Hair: Long
Pizza: Ninja turtles 
Scandal: Magazine
Woods: Pine trees
Stage: Rock of ages
Freedom: Landscape
Dreams: Purple Haze
Photo: LLC "National music corporation"
What are your plans for 2016?
To make my first album and to play at a lot of concerts. It’s all about the music.

Is there anything you want to say to close the interview?
Yeah! I want to thank everyone who has managed to keep reading until the end of this interview!))
Photo: LLC "National music corporation"
Thanks to Ivan for the interview, cant wait to see what he is going to do on stage. Good luck Belarus!

Official web: http://www.ivanmusic.ru/

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the interview with a very talented singer IVAN: good questions, very interesting answers. Wishing you every success at Eurovision-2016,IVAN! Good luck, Belarus!

    ReplyDelete