Thursday, February 25, 2016

Raiven: "I could never make music that I don't actually enjoy"

Photo: Jani Ugrin, RTVSLO
The Slovenian national final is on saturday so its time for a new EMA 2016 interview. Here are the answers of RAIVEN:
Name: Sara
Birthday: 26.4.96
Height: 173
Favorite color: Magenta
Favorite food: sushi and Thai food
Where are you right now? In my room
3 things that make you happy: good music, my dog and my boyfriend
What’s your strangest talent? I don't think I have one.
What is the strangest thing you have in your room? A hockey stick.
What are you really good at? Obviously singing :)
What are you really bad at? Volleyball, basketball...basically any sport that includes a ball.
Childhood idol: Christina Aguilera.
Childhood memory: Singing in National philharmonic at the age of 5.
Celebrity crush: Johnny Depp
Tell me something no one knows about you: I love watching documentaries about murderers. Creepy, I know.
What would you do if you were invisible? I wouldn't like to be invisible.
Favorite movie: The other Boleyn girl
Favorite TV series: Dexter
What is your guilty pleasure? Sweet and sour candies
If you were a boy for a day, what would you do? That would be awful...I would hate being a boy, so I would just go to sleep and wake up when it would pass.
Name a song that never fails to make you happy: My song, Jadra.
When did you start singing? When I was four in a school for music in my hometown, Ljubljana.
Can you teach me some interesting words in Slovene? Hmm...something connected to music: singer-pevka, song-pesem, music-glasba.
Photo: Uroš Kramberger
How would you describe yourself as an artist?
As an artist, I would describe myself as someone who always strives to make quality music and as someone who could never go past herself. I could never make music that I don't actually enjoy.

You are one of the participants of EMA 2016. How did it all begin?
I just decided that it's time for me to have an experience with EMA. Since the start of  last year, I knew I wanted to take part.
Photo: Uroš Kramberger
“Črno bel” is the title of your song, what’s the story behind it?
The song is in Slovene and in it, I play the harp. It is very different and even though the title is Črno bel ( Black and white), the song is very colorful.

Describe the song with 4 words:
Dynamic, strong, contrasting, beautiful.
What can we expect to see on stage for the performance?
Many surprises.

What do you like about Eurovision?
The huge stage!

What do you dislike about Eurovision?
I can't really think of anything.
Photo: Ulla Wolk
Tell me the first thing that comes to your mind when you hear the word:
Hair: Pink
Nightmare: Stage fright 
Puppies: My Pomeranian Ariel
Fear: Darkness
Watermelon: Fruit
Stage: Dreams
Dreams: Performing
Photo: Matej Zobavnik & Katarina Zakonjšek
What are your plans for 2016?
Releasing my first album.

Is there anything you want to say to close the interview?
Thank you for reading the interview. If you want to know more about me and my music, you can follow me on Instagram, Youtube and Facebook.
Photo: Ulla Wolk
Thanks to Sara for the interview! Good luck on saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment