Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Erna Mist & Magnús Thorlacius: "We will sing with our guitars to each other"

Photo: RUV
Time for an interview with one of my favorite acts from this years Söngvakeppnin! Here are the answers of ERNA & MAGNÚS:
Name: Magnús Thorlacius & Erna Mist
Birthday: M: 28th of January / E: 11th of June
Height: M: About 1.87 cm / E: 1.60 cm
Favorite color: M: Beige / E: Navy blue
Favorite food: M&E: Tikka Masala
Where are you right now? M&E: In school
3 things that make you happy: M: Food and Erna / E: Music and Magnús
What’s your strangest talent? M: Dancing with my eyebrows / E: I write comedy comics
What is the strangest thing you have in your room? M: A poster of Joffrey from Game of Thrones / E: All of my milk teeth
What are you really good at? M: Spending money / E: Dancing
What are you really bad at? M&E: Saving money
Childhood idol: M: Magnús Ver / E: Neil Gaiman
Childhood memory: M: When I put an apple that my mother had cut for me under the sofa because I refused to eat it. E: When I tore all the roses from my neighbor’s garden and gave to my mother, who was furious
Tell me something no one knows about you: M: I practice dancing with my eyebrows in the mirror every morning. / E: I can browse on 9gag for hours.
Favorite movie: M&E: Shutter Island
Favorite TV series: M: Game of Thrones / E: Breaking Bad
If you were a girl/boy for a day, what would you do? M: Sing all day / E: Dance naked in front of a mirror
What is your guilty pleasure? M: I never really liked the concept of guilty pleasure, I like what I like / E: Agreed
Name a song that never fails to make you happy: M: The intro theme to Game of Thrones / E: Mr. Blue Sky
Can you teach me some interesting words in Icelandic? Some Icelanders say flatbaka (flatpie) instead of pizza
Hello guys! Welcome to the Eurovision world! How are you?
Fine, thank you!

How did you meet each other?
We were together in a Danish course our first year in high school
You are one of the participants of Söngvakeppnin 2016. How did it all begin?
We came up with a melody that we really liked and thought it would be fun to submit it to the contest.

“Ótöluð orð” is the title of your song, what’s the story behind it? What made you write it?
When you lose the one you love into the hope of better life, you still hold on to the chance of going back
Describe the song with 4 words:
Sincere, denial, tragic, hope

What can we expect to see on stage for the performance?
A really simple and sincere performance where we will sing with our guitars to each other.
Do you already know what you’re going to wear for the semifinal?
Actually yes, we just bought the clothes. We would like to keep it a surprise though

Have you heard any of the other songs in the competition? Any favorite?
We like Karlotta's song Óstöðvandi (Eye of the Storm)
What do you like about Eurovision?
It's so big. I mean every family in Iceland is watching and everything behind the scenes is so big. It’s so much fun.

What do you dislike about Eurovision?
Well, we'll see after the semi finals ;)
Tell me the first thing that comes to your mind when you hear the word:
Art: E: paintings / M: music
Sleepwalking: E: ghosts / M: nightmares
Lobster: E: Red / M: Soup
Clown: E: McDonalds / M: Fish
Iceland: E: Cold / M: Small
Rain: E: Magnús / M: Uncertainty
Dreams: E: To break through in the music industry / M: Ghosts and stuff
What are your plans for 2016?
Let's start with Eurovision and then let's see what will happens

Is there anything you want to say to close the interview?
Please check out our english version of the song, No Man's Land. And like us on Facebook
Thanks to Magnus & Erna for the interview! Wish them all the best on saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment