Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Stella Christine: "I pour my feelings into music and I think it shows in my performance"

Photo: Juho Räisänen
We're still in Finland for our 6th UMK interview! Here are the answers of STELLA CHRISTINE:
Name: Stella Christine Elisabet Löflund
Birthday: 13.05.1992
Height: 168cm
Favorite color: Dark blue
Favorite food: PIZZA. Homemade.
Where are you right now? At home
3 things that make you happy: music, love, my dog
What is the strangest thing you have in your room? This weird little thing which functions as a tiny speaker for my laptop and is designed to look like a football.
What are you really good at? Daydreaming
What are you really bad at? Suppressing my feelings
Childhood idol: Mariah Carey
Childhood memory: After watching Coyote Ugly (the movie) several times at the age of 8 I was performing on my bed, pretending it was a stage with a guitar in my hands, wearing a hat with pictures of flowers on it (thought it looked cool) and singing songs by LeAnn Rimes. Happy times.
Celebrity crush: Josh Hartnett
Tell me something no one knows about you: I whisper “I love you” to my dog approximately 10 times a day.
What would you do if you were invisible? I would definitely pull some tricks on my friends. That would be amusing.
Favorite movie: Moulin Rouge
Favorite TV series: Friends
Tell me a super power you wish you had: I wish I could teleport myself anywhere I wanted. I’d like to see the whole world.
What is your guilty pleasure? I. LOVE. CHOCOLATE.
Name a song that never fails to make you happy: Stevie Wonder – Signed, Sealed, Delivered (‘m Yours)
When did you start singing and writing? I started singing when I was around 4-5 years old and writing music when I was about 14 yo.
Can you teach me some interesting words in Finnish? Kurkku = cucumber, kainalokarva = axillary hair, talitintti = great tit (the bird)
Photo: Juho Räisänen
Hello Stella! How are you?
I’m fine, thank you. Very content and excited about the future :)

How would you describe yourself as an artist?
I’m an honest singer and songwriter who makes music with her heart more than her head. I don’t follow a trend and make music where I like to push the limit and combine different styles that are close to my heart. Mostly it’s soul, R&B and jazz but other genres too. I pour my feelings into music and I think it shows in my performance.
Photo: Juho Räisänen
You are one of the participants of UMK 2016. How did it all begin?
I live in a small town in Finland named Kotka (means eagle btw). It all started from my little “studio cave” where I write my music and make demos. I made a demo of my song “Ain’t Got Time For Boys” with help from my friends. No fancy equipment or big studios. I sent my demo to UMK with hopeful thoughts about getting my music out to a bigger crowd. It was one of the happiest days in my life when I got to know I was chosen.
“Ain’t got time for boys” is the title of your song, what’s the story behind it?
Like I said I pour my thoughts and feelings into music. Sometimes it’s something that I’ve been through or sometimes I get inspired by other people’s stories. This is something I put on paper and tells about the mood I was in that moment and what my thoughts were about back then. I think every girl has her own “Beyonce moment” if you know what I mean ;)
Describe the song with 4 words:
Honest, bold, sensual, cool

What can we expect to see on stage for the performance?
Simplicity is the word for my show. It will be very intimate but by no means boring. More than that I can’t tell, you’ll have to watch it 6th of February ;)
Tell me about the official video of “Ain’t got time for boys”:
I love it! I think we really did well there with my team, I think it’s perfect for the song and really highlights the mood in it. The cast and the dancers were picked from different places, even all the way from Sweden. The whole shooting process took one day from 4 AM to 3 PM. It was my first music video ever and I had so much fun.
Have you heard any of the other songs in the competition? Any favorite?
Honestly I like them all in their own way, they are all very different from each other. To name a few of the best I would have to say Mikael Saari, ClemSO and Tuuli Okkonen.
Photo: Juho Räisänen
What do you like about Eurovision?
It’s something I look forward to every year. I love how music connects so many people together and how I’m able to hear so many kinds of different music from different cultures.

What do you dislike about Eurovision?
For me it’s all about the music, and I would love it to always be the first priority in the contest. Unfortunately sometimes things get political and that’s a shame.
Tell me the first thing that comes to your mind when you hear the word:
Guitar: tears
Fear: fence
Pig: chocolate
Rain: peace
Stage: excitement
Clones: scifi films
Dreams: happiness
Photo: YLE
What are your plans for 2016?
To keep challenging myself and chase my dreams and not let fear and doubt come in my way. Life will surely open the right doors so I don’t really have a script written. Mostly I’d like to release more of my music and I would love to find the right connections for that. Other than that I will just keep writing music and performing, it’s part of my lifestyle.

Is there anything you want to say to close the interview?
Dare to chase your dreams folks. Be bold. Be brave. Don’t let fear and doubt from other people guide you. I believe in you and your vision and together we are the #Stellars!
Thanks to Stella for the interview. I really like her song so I wish her all the best in UMK!

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/stellachristinemusic
Instagram: http://instagram.com/stellachristine
Twitter: http://twitter.com/stella_xtine

No comments:

Post a Comment