Friday, January 15, 2016

Sophia Nohr: "I had to fight in my life to get to follow my ambitions and goals"

Photo: Stefan Kragh
From Estonia we are moving to Denmark for our 1st DMGP interview. Here are the answers of SOPHIA NOHR:
Name: Sophia Ziegler Nohr
Birthday: 10 of January
Height: 175 cm
Favorite color: Dusty vintage green
Where are you right now? In bed
What’s your strangest talent? Getting late but making it up every time
What is the strangest thing you have in your room? A wooden hand on my desk
What are you really good at? Making snow angels
What are you really bad at? Baking cookies
Childhood idol: Buffy Sainte Marie
Childhood memory: Riding without saddle on my white horse out in the fields of northern sealand. And it wasn't a dream.
Celebrity crush: Måns Zelmerlow
Tell me something no one knows about you: I have a birth mark between two toes
What would you do if you were invisible? Tickle our minister of immigration under her feet. Hopefully it would put a smile on her face so she at least could look friendly
Favorite movie: Kill bill
Favorite TV series: True blood
What is your guilty pleasure? Salami snack
If you were a boy for a day, what would you do? That’s obvious isn't it? I would pee standing all day
When did you start singing? When I was 6 I recorded a song and someone found my voice interesting. At 13 I started to take vocal lessons and since then I have made my own music.
Can you teach me some interesting words in danish? Okay. Try to say : leverpostej med syltet agurk, og jordbær med fløde. Mhm Or : danmark trænger til at kigge ud i horisonten og se lyset , for det er derude, vi skal bare turde lukke det ind. Now you can practice
Photo: Stefan Kragh
Hello Sophia! How are you?
Hello! I'm great- how about you guys?

How would you describe yourself as an artist?
Real to who I am. I go my own ways, keeping my own sound and expression. I had to fight in my life to get to follow my ambitions and goals, and you can still hear that fight in my voice.
You are one of the participants of DMGP 2016. How did it all begin?
I was contacted by the songwriterteam of GL music and they asked me for ideas to a song for dmgp. I told them about my life, my ambitions, which sound I should have as an artist and then blue horizon was born., and luckily picked to be in the competition
“Blue horizon” is the title of your song, what’s the story behind it?
It is a song with many layers, both personally but also very common to all people. It tells the story about one putting the past behind and follow that road that leads you to peace in mind. The road that brings you joy and to me that is art and music, I will never stop following that path, because music gives us hope and meaning to our existence

Describe the song with 4 words:
Determination, journey, light in the dark - oh dear too many words for describing this song

What can we expect to see on stage for the performance?
You can expect something a little more different than the usual stage performance with dancers and confetti. We made it present, simple and beautiful. It’s all about contrast. Between chaos and inner peace.
Photo: Stefan Kragh
Have you heard any of the other songs in the competition? Any favorite?
Yes I have, they are really great all of them. If I have to choose, I would say 'Simone' with a Heart shaped hole. Though it's very different from what I do.
What do you like about Eurovision?
Everything -especially how it connects culture, languages and nationalities with music

What do you dislike about Eurovision?
What is there to dislike? Does anyone actually ever answer this question?
Tell me the first thing that comes to your mind when you hear the word:
Guitar: comfort
Fear: holding back
Light: if you look forward
Freedom: if you fight long enough
X factor: charisma
Woods: are my sanctuary
Dreams: are there to follow
What are your plans for 2016?
Let people see what I’ve been working on, and hopefully they will find it unique and worth listening to

Is there anything you want to say to close the interview?
........I will never close the interview- you can't force me... it is still open............
Photo: Agnete Schlichtkrull
Thanks to Sophia for this lovely interview! Her song is one of my favorites in DMGP this year and I cant wait to see her perform it on stage.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Sophia.music.dk
Twitter: https://twitter.com/sopzieg
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/sophiaziegler_nohr/

No comments:

Post a Comment