Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Lieminen: A new singer/songwriter, making all kind of music, from disco to punk to reggae

Photo: YLE
Now we're going back to Finland for a new UMK interview. Here are the answers of LIEMINEN:
Name: Lieminen
Birthday: 11th of March
Height: 180cm
Favorite color: Black
Favorite food: Pizza 4 sure!
Shoe Size: US 9,5
Where are you right now? I'm in the middle of nowhere just out of the sauna jumping naked in the camping in the border of Russia and Finland. Good times!
3 things that make you happy: Positive people, good music & awesome food
What is the strangest thing you have in your room? Some turkish percussion made out of 10 chestnuts
What are you really good at? Chilling
What are you really bad at? Telling jokes :D
Childhood idol: Yngwie Malmsteen
Childhood memory: Playing a gig with Duran Duran's Simon Le Bon in Cyprus.
Celebrity crush: Jessica Alba
Tell me something no one knows about you: I can make the best lasagna in the world.
Craziest thing you've ever done: Went on a blind date (never again)  :D
Favorite movie: Old school
Favorite TV series: Game of thrones & breaking bad
What's your favorite part of your body? Nipples
What is your guilty pleasure? Being lazy
If you were a girl for a day, what would you do? Giggle all day
Name a song that never fails to make you happy: New York, New York (Frank Sinatra version)
Can you teach me some interesting words in finnish?  Halipatsuippa (hi!), homma etenee (things going down good)
Hello Lieminen! How are you?
Hi! I'm really good, thanks. Just came from the first UMK16 dancing practice.

How would you describe yourself as an artist?
Well I'm a new singer songwriter, making all kind of music, from disco to punk to reggae. Singing mostly about positive things in life, like going out, chasing girls etc.
You are one of the participants of UMK 2016. How did it all begin?
Two years ago I said to my record label Fried, as a joke, "I wanna go to Eurovision"! Of course nothing happened, until last fall my A&R asked "Wanna go to UMK this year? Gotta answer right away, time is closing". So I said “Of course!" and here I am. Been really fun so far.

“Pehmeiden arvojen vaalijat” is the title of your song, what’s the story behind it?
I made the song with my friend/artist Stig, few years ago. Now it found a perfect time to be released! It´s a song about soft values in life. A love & party song. There´s too much cold hard values in the world nowdays.
Describe the song with 4 words:
Summer, love, soft things, party.

What can we expect to see on stage for the performance?
It´s gonna be awesome! My team has made such a good job, can´t wait to see it in full action! Not gonna spoil it too much, but some dancing in future disco...
Tell me about the official video of “Pehmeiden arvojen vaalijat”:
I had this idea about retro futuristic disco -theme. I think our director Lauri Tamminen did a great job capturing it. Guy is at home, wearing his virtual reality gear on, and starts this "night mode" game. Goes to a club, meets hot girl and the rest is history. He´s a bit wack, but in a funny way, hah.

Have you heard any of the other songs in the competition? Any favorite?
I have heard all of them. I like Pietarin Spektaakkeli and Sandhja.
What do you like about Eurovision?
I think it´s a great event! People all over the world gather together with positive vibes.

What do you dislike about Eurovision?
Hmmm, sometimes the songs are perhaps too "made" for the competition. You know, kind of like calculated to be succeeded.
Tell me the first thing that comes to your mind when you hear the word:
Sauna: gotta go regularly
Clones: star wars
Pizza: cheeeese
Nightmare: darkness
Stage: let´s do this
Raccoon: wild
Dreams: unicorns
What are your plans for 2016?
To do lot of music. and Eurovisions, of course!

Is there anything you want to say to close the interview?
Peace!
Thanks to Lieminen for the interview! Good luck in UMK!

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/Lieminen/
Twitter: http://twitter.com/lieminen
Instagram: http://instagram.com/lieminen

No comments:

Post a Comment