Friday, January 15, 2016

Krista Siegfrids: "I hope that somebody will vote for me in Mello"

Photo: Ville Paasimaa
DING DONG! Time for our 1st Melodifestivalen interview and oh boy, let me tell you this is a good one. She represented Finland in Eurovision 2013 with the song "Marry me" and this year she is going to be the host of UMK 2016 and one of the participants of Melodifestivalen. Here are the answers of KRISTA SIEGFRIDS:
Name: Krista Siegfrids
Height: Same as Kylie...
Favorite color: RED!
Where are you right now? At home
What’s your strangest talent? I can do backflips
What is the strangest thing you have in your room? A picture of David Hasselhoff... Don't ask why :P
What are you really good at? Working!
What are you really bad at? I'm very bad at waiting...
Childhood idol: Spice Girls
Childhood memory: Spice girls were my childhood and religion!!!!
What would you do if you were invisible? I would help Finland to get to the world cup in football. Hah!
Favorite movie: My God! So many... Can't choose!
Favorite TV series: Game of Thrones, Bron, Homeland
What is your guilty pleasure? Swedish Hollywoodwifes... It's a swedish tv-show.
If you were a boy for a day, what would you do? Have sex.
Name a song that never fails to make you happy: Whitney Houston - I wanna dance with somebody
When did you start singing? As a kid. Probably 5...
Can you teach me some interesting words in Finnish? Mine rakastan sinua! That's the best thing you can say ;) And "kippis" it means cheers!
Photo: Ville Paasimaa
Hello Krista! Welcome back to the Eurovision world. How are you?
I'm fine thank you! It feels great to be back! :)

How would you describe yourself as an artist?
Fearless. I don't take myself too serious. I love to have fun! I love to entertain people! But I speak up for things that I stand for. I always try to show my opinions in my music and in my shows. I love writing music and I love performing and singing. My music shows in which mood or vibe I'm in. Sometimes I love to do crazy stuff, sometimes I just wanna cry and rip my heart out.
Photo: Ville Paasimaa
Can we talk a bit about Eurovision 2013? What do you remember the most from that year?
It was the funniest year EVER! I loved that adventure! We had so much fun with the ding dong girls. But the highlight was the 2 weeks in Malmö and the final of course.
What did you learn from that experience?
I learned a lot. But the most important is that I had to understand my own limits. You can't do everything and be everywhere all the time. Getting overworked is not a good thing. I understand that now.
You are one of the participants of Melodifestivalen 2016. How did it all begin?
Christer Björkman told me in 2013 that I should come to Mello someday... a bit as a joke probably... But I thought why the hell not?! It would be a dream!! So I decided to go to Sweden and write songs and we did one song, "Faller" that in my opinion was really good, so I decided to send it in... and then they chose me!
“Faller” is the title of your song and it’s written by you, Gabriel Alares, Magnus Wallin and Gustaf Svenungsson. How was it working with them?
It was great!! Great team, vibe and chemistry! We had really fun in the studio and we wrote many songs together.

What’s the story behind the song?
It's about when you fall in love with somebody. The first feeling when you’re really all over the place. That feeling is probably the best feeling in the world.
Describe the song with 4 words:
Beautiful, energetic, catchy, happy.
What can we expect to see on stage for the performance?
A great show with cool choreography and effects. A good looking number!

Do you already know what you are going to wear for the semifinal? Any hint?
It's gonna be something in my favourite color...
Tell me the first thing that comes to your mind when you hear the word:
Hosting: Funny but scary!
Censorship: Fuck that!
Nightmare: My clothes break in the middle of the number...
Melodi nummer 5: GOES STRAIGHT TO THE FINAL!
Puppies: Cute!
Sweden: Love it!
Dreams: Melodifestivalen final!!
What are your plans for 2016?
Let's see what happens. But at least I will release an album and tour.

Is there anything you want to say to close the interview?
Yeah! I wanna send hugs and kisses to all my fans and I hope that somebody will vote for me in Mello. <3
Thanks to Krista for the interview. I really loved it! Hey Sweden, dont forget to give her a vote or two. (Semifinal 2 - Song number 5!)

No comments:

Post a Comment