Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Voltaj: "Our show will be a surprise!"

Hello Romania! Are you ready for a new interview? Here are the answers of VOLTAJ:
Name: Calin Goia
Birthday: 24 May
Height: 1.81
Favorite color: black
What do you do in the band: vocalist
What’s your strangest talent? I can sing with my nose at two flutes, at the same time
What is the strangest thing you have in your room? Nothing special
What are you really good at? swimming
What are you really bad at? cooking
Childhood idol: Freddie Mercury
Childhood memory: my first bike.. it was a present for my 10th aniversary
Tell me something no one knows about you: I won't
What would you do if you were invisible? same things
Craziest thing you've ever done: riding my motorbike with 250km/h
Favorite movie: Forrest Gump
Favorite TV series: Seinfeld
Tell me a super power you wish you had: the power to fly
What's your favorite part of your body? my eyes
What is your guilty pleasure? french fries
Name a song that never fails to make you happy: Radio Ga Ga
If you were a product, how would you sell yourself? pure energy
Can you teach me some interesting words in romanian? yes: viezure, mânz
Name: Adrian Cristescu
Birthday: 6.11.1985
Height: 1,78
Favorite color: green/lime
What do you do in the band: keyboard player
What’s your strangest talent? I can easily adapt to any music genre. 
What is the strangest thing you have in your room? A jar of coins that I know for sure I will never use. 
What are you really good at? Music and... Kind of that's all!
What are you really bad at? Not losing temper in traffic.
Childhood idol: Michael Petrucciani
Childhood memory: Practicing piano and then practicing some more...
Tell me something no one knows about you: Then everybody would know so... Not answering that!
What would you do if you were invisible? Walk around the Area 58 base, google servers and NASA facilities. 
Craziest thing you've ever done: Skipped two months of highschool without knowing. 
Favorite movie: The Legend of 1900
Favorite TV series: Breaking Bad
Tell me a super power you wish you had: pacience or wisdom (each one would do)
What's your favorite part of your body? The fingers. 
What is your guilty pleasure? Sweets and video games (lots of them)
Name a song that never fails to make you happy: Ain't no mountain high enough
If you were a product, how would you sell yourself? Buy me! Buy me! You don't really need a reason to!
Can you teach me some interesting words in romanian? You should learn to say "de la capăt" and keep saying it 'till 23 of may!
Name: Gabriel Constantin
Birthday: 31 July
Height: 1.73
Favorite color: black
What do you do in the band: play guitar
What’s your strangest talent? none
What is the strangest thing you have in your room? Can’t tell
What are you really good at? inhaling
What are you really bad at? exhaling
Childhood idol: Han Solo
Childhood memory: watching Han Solo
Tell me something no one knows about you: something
What would you do if you were invisible? visible
Craziest thing you've ever done: still waiting to do it
Favorite movie: Star Wars
Favorite TV series: Star Wars Series
Tell me a super power you wish you had: the force
What's your favorite part of your body? soul
What is your guilty pleasure? Admiring Vader in secret
Name a song that never fails to make you happy: Star Wars Theme
If you were a product, how would you sell yourself? Buy me!
Can you teach me some interesting words in romanian? Era tac-su!
Name: Vali (Prunus)
Birthday: 7 January 
Height: 1,86m
Favorite color: red
What do you do in the band: bassist
What’s your strangest talent?  I’m an ordinary man, I don’t have strange talents.
What is the strangest thing you have in your room?  Many posters with rock bands
What are you really good at? Cooking
What are you really bad at? Fixing cars
Childhood idol: Freddie Mercury
Childhood memory: I went to my first rock concert when I was 14. That was the moment when I decided to become a rock star.
Tell me something no one knows about you: I love exotic flowers and I adopted 4 stray dogs.
What would you do if you were invisible? I would go to Madonna’s home.
Craziest thing you've ever done: scuba diving
Favorite movie: Star Wars
Favorite TV series: Star Trek
Tell me a super power you wish you had: I wish I could drive a car with my mind 
What's your favorite part of your body? Eyes 
What is your guilty pleasure? Goulash and cream cakes
Name a song that never fails to make you happy: Diamonds and rust (Judas Priest)
If you were a product, how would you sell yourself? I am as good as it gets
Can you teach me some interesting words in romanian? Voltaj e cea mai tare trupa!!! :)
Name: Oliver Sterian
Birthday: 30 August
Height: 1.78
Favorite color: black
What do you do in the band: drummer
What’s your strangest talent? I don’t have.
What is the strangest thing you have in your room? I don’t have something special. 
What are you really good at? Cooking 
What are you really bad at? Playing football
Childhood idol:  my father, Valeriu Sterian 
Childhood memory:  the first time I was on stage 
Tell me something no one knows about you: I won’t
What would you do if you were invisible? The same things I do now. 
Craziest thing you've ever done: none
Favorite movie: American Sniper
Favorite TV series:  El Barco
Tell me a super power you wish you had: the power to fly 
What's your favorite part of your body? eyes
What is your guilty pleasure? Chocolate cakes
Name a song that never fails to make you happy: Happy - Pharrell Williams
If you were a product, how would you sell yourself? I’m the best, buy me!
Can you teach me some interesting words in romanian? Fericire, bucurie, speranță


How would you describe the band?
We are one of the few pop-rock bands in Romania and from 17 years we still manage to remain on top in charts and public preferences. Over the years, we have obtained many awards such as BEST GROUP, BEST LIVE, BEST SONG, BEST ALBUM at Romanian Music Awards and Media Music Awards. In addition we won the award for "Best Romanian act" at MTV Europe Music Awards in 2005.
How did you meet each other?
Gabi and Vali are part of the band since 1982. In 1988 came Calin and 4 years later, in 2002, Oliver. The last change in our band was in 2012 with the arrival of Adrian.

Tell me about the name of the band:
Voltaj means energy and from there came the name of our band. 

Eurovision 2015, how did it all begin?
When we wrote and released the song with the campaign "All over again" we never thought to participate in Eurovision Song Contest. However, we realized that this contest can help us to make known internationally the fact that so many children are left home alone, while their parents are working abroad to give them the chance to a decent life.
De La Capat/ All Over Again is the title of your song, whats the story behind it? what made you write it?
We wrote this song with the boys from Deepside Deejays. The lyrics were inspired from the love to our own children and thinking about them. "All over again" is more than a song, it's a manifest. There are many dramatic cases in which children are involved. They live a trauma due to the lack of affection, although they receive gifts and packages from their parents.The people must know that Romanians are not lazy or thieves and the biggest majority are hard-working and honest, making enormous sacrifices. Therefore, they must be respected and not discriminated because of this.
Describe the song with 4 words:
Childhood, hope, life, parents

What can we expect to see on the Eurovision stage?
Our show will be a surprise! We think that we found a couple of great ideas to make the people in front of us and the ones sitting in front of the TV to fully understand our message and make them to take part in our campaign "All over again".

Tell me about the official video of the song:
Our videoclip contains images from the shortfilm “Way of the Danube”  and it was made before we know that Eurovision will take place in Vienna this year. When we saw the shortfilm we thought immediately that it fits well with the idea of our campaign and so started our collaboration with Sabin Dorohoi.

Have you heard any of the songs in the competition this year? 
There are some very good songs and voices too. Competition is strong, but as we do for so many years, we prepare very carefully and intensively each appearance and stage production of our show and we are ready to compete.  
What do you like about Eurovision?
It's a strong competition, which gives us a great opportunity to make known our campaign. Therefore we entered the competition. We don’t have many opportunities to talk about the problem of children and Romanians in general, with so a publicity and visibility.

What do you dislike about Eurovision?
There isn’t one thing that we don’t like. 
Give me the first thing that comes to your mind when you hear the word:
Freedom: nature
Nightmare: dark
Watermelon:  summer
Nudity: painting
Romania: hospitality
Hashtag: #delacapat 
Stage: concert
Dream: night

What are your plans for 2015?
We are just about to release a new single this summer, we are thinking about a show completely different and special comparing the previous ones. We also continue being involved in the campaign “All over again” together with  World Vision Romania and Habitat for Humanity Romania Associations.
Thanks to the band for the interview! Good luck in may!

Official website: http://www.voltaj.ro/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Voltaj
Twitter: https://twitter.com/voltajofficial

No comments:

Post a Comment