Tuesday, February 3, 2015

SUNDAY: "We are extremely excited to share our performance with the world!"

Photo: Kjartan Hreinsson
Now its time for a new Söngvakeppnin interview! Here are the answers of Hildur Kristín from SUNDAY:
Name: Hildur Kristín Stefánsdóttir
Birthday: January 1st 1988
Height: 169 cm
Favorite color:  White and Light Blue
Favourite food: Basically all Japanese food and steak.
Eye color: Grey-Blue
What do you do in the band: Singer and songwriter
Where are you right now? I am in Nantes, on tour with my other band Rökkurró
3 things that makes you happy: Friends, great music and good coffee
What’s your strangest talent? I speak Japanese, being an Icelander, many think that is strange.
Do you have any nicknames?  Hilly Crystal
Home alone and you're bored. What do you do? I'm never bored. I guess I would watch TV shows on the sofa or go to the swimming pool. 
What are you really good at? Singing, telling word jokes and getting good ideas ;)
What are you really bad at? Things that take too much patience. 
Childhood idol: Björk. I remember how I thought she was the coolest person and how it made me feel that she was from Iceland and how big she was.
Childhood memory: Related to Björk, I remember the first time I heard her song Jóga, I was like 8 years old and I made an emotional dance to it where I was mostly lying on the floor..haha!
Tell me something no one knows about you: I competed in the World Championships in athletics when I was 15 as I used to be an Icelandic champion for many years in a row and was in the Icelandic National Team. 100m and long jump were my best!
What would you do if you were invisible? I think I would follow Beyonce for one day to see how her life is.
Craziest thing you've ever done: Lived in Tokyo for one year. That year was crazy all through. 
Favorite movie: I can't chose one but I love Sódóma Reykjavík, Royal Tenebaums, Whiplash and Grease.
Favorite tv series: House of Cards, Game of Thrones and Workaholics.
Tell me a super power you wish you had: Speak all languages of the world.
What is your guilty pleasure? Driving an extra long way home so I can blast some music and sing in the car for a longer time.
Name a song that never fails to make you happy: Get Free with Major Lazer
If you were a product, how would you sell yourself? Ice cold and fresh.
Can you teach me some interesting words in Icelandic? Rökkurró: Means when twilight is coming over and everything gets calm and quiet. Snilld: A word I overuse, means awesome.
Photo: Kjartan Hreinsson
Hello guys! Welcome to Söngvakeppnin! how are you?
Feeling better then ever, really excited to be starting the journey of Söngvakeppnin! 

How would you describe the band? 
We are basically not a band. We are an art colllective, a group of people from different art genres making epic stage performances together. We have musicians, producer, dancer and choreographer.
How did you meet each other? 
Me and Guffi have known each other for a long time through the music scene, we are both in Icelandic indie bands. Then we started working together at Plain Vanilla and got better friends and started to create this project. Then we got Logi, Helga, Hildur and Vignir with us as we knew them all as friends or collegues before. 
Photo: Kjartan Hreinsson
Tell me about the name of the project:
We wrote the song on a Sunday, made most of the biggest decisions on a Sunday and we just love Sundays. They are so beautiful and quiet. 

You are one of the participants of Songvakeppnin 2015, how did it all begin?
Last summer in a coffee break at work I asked Guffi if he was the man to write with me an awesome song and take part in Eurovision. He said yes right away!  
Photo: Kjartan Hreinsson
"Fjaðrir" is the title of your song, whats the story behind it?
It's a love song about two birds that have to go separate ways because of conditions they can't change. They think of the good times they had together as they are growing apart. Fjaðrir means "Feathers" and we thought it was a lovely image to have in your mind, feathers falling.  

What made you write the song?
We wanted to write a really good pop song. We had never written pop songs before, we are both in more alternative indie bands where you are not focusing on catchy compact songs, so we saw it as a really exciting challenge.  

Describe the song with 4 words:
Fresh, true, quirky and epic.
Lets talk about the performance, what can we expect to see on stage?
The stage will have 4 people, me, a dancer and two musicians. We have thought a lot about the right staging, the moves and the lighting so we are really excited to share it with people - but don't want to tell too much before! 
Photo: Kjartan Hreinsson
Do you know what you are going to wear for the semifinal? any hint?
Yes, I had a talented tailor, Auður, make me the perfect outfit that me and my best friend designed with her. It's sharp and cool. 

Have you heard any of the other participants? any fav?
Yes I have listened to all the songs a couple of times and there is one song apart from Fjaðrir that I think is a very strong contender, but I'm not saying which one!
Photo: Kjartan Hreinsson
Did you watch Eurovision 2014? who was your favorite?
My favorites last year were Undo with Sanna Nielsen and Calm after the storm with Common Linnets 
Photo: Kjartan Hreinsson
What do you like about Eurovision?
The epic-ness. The stage is always amazingly crazy and people think about every detail. It's an uniting experience for all  Europe and all kinds of people can agree to enjoy this experience together.
Photo: Kjartan Hreinsson
What do you dislike about Eurovision?
The fact that I have not been there yet ;)
Tell me the first thing that comes to your mind when you hear the word:
Art: Vital
Rain: Iceland
Woods: Dark and beautiful
Stage: Moment to shine
Fire: Passion
Glitter: My birthday (it's on New Years eve)
Nightmare: Forgetting words on stage
Watermelon: My first time getting drunk with Watermelon Breezer
Dreams: Big and bold
What are your plans for 2015?
Try and experience new things and then hopefully go to Vienna in May!

Is there anything you want to say to close the interview?
We are extremely excited to share our performance with the world!
You can follow us here on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/sundayartcollective
Thanks and best wishes!
Thanks to Hildur for the interview! I cant wait too see their performance! If you are in Iceland, vote for SUNDAY on saturday!

Fjaðrir

Ég finn fjaðrir þínar falla,
ég sé þig breyta um lit.
Skýjaborgir skyggja á þig,
þú ferð ekki á flug.

Hugsar þú til mín?
Við eigum nóttina,
finnum stjörnurnar,
við förum lengra en þær.
Saman látum við augu okkar lýsa.

Frostið tekur völdin,
brýtur vængi þína,
máttlaus um myrka nótt.
Fallnar fjaðrir þínar tættar,
liggja á víð og dreif.
Bilið milli okkar breikkar,
ég sé þig síðar meir.

Sjáðu stjörnurnar,
komdu út í nóttina,
augu okkar lýsa.

Frostið tekur völdin,
brýtur vængi þína,
máttlaus um myrka nótt.

Mannstu þá við tvö,
mannstu þá við flugum hátt.
Sjáðu nú, við hröpum,
í sitthvora átt.

Frostið,
brýtur,
máttlaus um myrka nótt.

Frostið tekur völdin,
brýtur vængi þína,
máttlaus um myrka nótt.

No comments:

Post a Comment