Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Raylee: I want to give you a fantastic show on stage

Photo: Rolf Ørjan Høgseth
Time for the 1st MGP 2015 interview. Here are the answers of RAYLEE:
Name: Raylee Charlotte Kristiansen
Birthday: 28.06.97
Height: 1.63
Favorite color: blue
Favourite food: Tikka masala with nanbread
Eye color: bluegreen
Where are you right now? I`m with a friend
3 things that makes you happy: music, friends and workout
What’s your strangest talent? I play volleyball with high heels on :)
Home alone and you are bored. What do you do? Turn on the music and start to dance
What is the strangest thing you have in your room? A box with silver coins
What are you really good at? Walking on my hands
What are you really bad at? I’m not a very good loser
Childhood idol: Bratz
Childhood memory: Catching crabs at night, and boil them on the campfire
Tell me something no one knows about you: If I had not focused on the music, I had wagered on football.
What would you do if you were invisible? Pranks with my friends
Favorite movie: The last song
Favorite TV series: Vampire Diaries
Tell me a super power you wish you had: I wish I had the power to make everybody happy
What is your guilty pleasure? Ice cream
Name a song that never fails to make you happy: Destiny`s child - Survivor
Can you teach me some interesting words in norwegian? “Melkesyre i lårene” (Thighs have gone sour) 
Hello Raylee! Welcome to MGP, how are you?
I am fine thanks!!!

How would you describe yourself as an artist?
I am full of enthusiasm and good humor. I combine singing and dancing, those 2 things are important ways for me to express myself on.
Tell me a bit about your career:
My career started when I was 8 years old, and when I was 10 years I played “Annie” in the musical by the same name. Then I got signed by Sony Music in Norway, and released my first album. I released my second album at 12, and later released many singles. I've gone from singing in my own language, to sing in English.
You are one of the participants of MGP 2015, how did it all begin?
I competed in a television show called “Stjernekamp” where I ended up on a 4th place. I believe what I showcased on this show was what led MGP to get in touch.

"Louder" is the title of your song and its written by Andreas Stone Johansson & Ricky Hanley. How was it working with them?
It was amazing to work with them, and I learned a lot from them during the process.
Describe the song with 4 words:
Powerful, playful, happy song, strong.

Lets talk about the performance, what can we expect to see on stage?
I want to give you a good experience and a fantastic show on stage
The orchestra is back this year in MGP, how do you feel about it?
It's going to be a powerful and great experience

What do you think about the participants of this year?
There are many exciting participants this year, with different genres and properties.
Did you watch Eurovision 2014? who was your fav?
Yes I did, and my favorite was the winner, Conchita Wurst.

What do you like about Eurovision?
It is a great concept going across several countries.

What do you dislike about Eurovision?
I don’t  dislike anything.
Tell me the first thing that comes to your mind when you hear the word:
Dancing: happiness
Pizza: Not my favorite.
Rain: cozy atmosphere
Nightmare: falling off a cliff
Cats: The musical I took part in.
Stjernekamp: A lifetime of memories
Dreams: Winning MGP, and then go to Vienna to represent Norway!
What are your plans for 2015?
Doing a lot of concerts, and live my life to the fullest.

Is there anything you want to say to close the interview?
Thanks for many funny questions :)
Photo: KIM ERLANDSEN/NRK

Thanks to Raylee! Good luck in MGP!

No comments:

Post a Comment