Thursday, January 8, 2015

Rickard Söderberg: An opera singer with a lifelong lovestory with MF

Hej hej to everyone! Wouldnt be awesome to start the day with a Melodifestivalen 2015 interview? Well...Lets do it! Here are the answers of RICKARD SÖDERBERG!:
Name: Rickard Söderberg
Age: 39
Birthday:10 april
Height: 1.86
Favorite color: Rainbowcolor
Favourite food: Anything organic and vegan
Shoe Size: big ;-)
Where are you right now? At my favorite café
3 things that makes you happy: Love, love and love
What’s your strangest talent? I speak some Sindarin (Tolkiens elvish language)
Do you have any nicknames? Gaytenor
Home alone and you are bored. What do you do? play with my gerbils Adam and Steve
What is the strangest thing you have in your room? A nativity scene with all vintage Star Wars figurines
What are you really good at? Singing
What are you really bad at? Singing early in the morning
Childhood idol: Madonna
Childhood memory: When I bought my first CDs. Beethoven piano concert no 3, and Madonna Like a Virgin. And of course the first time I heard Carola singing Främling in MF, 26 feb 1983...!
Tell me something no one knows about you: Nice try ;-)
Craziest thing you've ever done: Deciding to get start tattoo sleves. And entering Melodifestivalen.
Favorite movie: Autumn Sonata (Bergman), Matrix.
Favorite TV series: Golden Girls & Big Bang Theory.
Tell me a super power you wish you had: Flying! Imagine that. 
What's your favorite part of your body? My new tattoos.
What is your guilty pleasure? Strawbery Cheescake ice cream.
Name a song that never fails to make you happy: Everybody says don't w Barbra Streisand.
If you were a product, how would you sell yourself? Organic and naughty.
When did you start singing? As a young boy in the girls choir in the local church.
Can you teach me some interesting words in Swedish? Kärlek! (Love!)
Hej Rickard! MF is getting closer, how do you feel right now? 
I'm so excited, and I just can't hide it I'm about to lose control and I think I like it

How would you describe yourself as an artist?
Judas, Jesus and Anne on Green Gables at the same time.
Tell me a bit about your career: 
Opera singer with a lifelong lovestory with MF.

You are one of the participants of Melodifestivalen 2015. How did it all begin? 
It all started with a really good song, and then everything just fell into place, one thing after another.

What can you tell me about Elize Ryd? How did you meet her? 
We met at a TVshow, and we took immediate liking to each other. Then when we met on Gotland on a manifestation for tolerance and love we knew we had to do something with each other.
"One by one" is the title of your song and its written by Elize Ryd, Jimmy Jansson, Karl-Ola Kjellholm and Sharon Vaughn. How is it working with all of them?
It's working fantastic. Everybody does what they do best, and everybody is always open to each others suggestions.
What did you feel the 1st time you heard it? 
First time I heard it I just wanted to sing it, even though it, at the time, was just a ruff draft. And it still makes me want to sing every time I hear it...
Describe the song with 4 words: 
encouraging, rough, loving, grand

Now lets talk about the performance! What can we expect to see on stage? 
The two of us singing as if the world depended on it. Drama och voices.
Do you already now what you are going to wear for the semifinal? any hint? 
It's currently being created for me at the opera where I sing... that's as much as I can tell you ;-)
What do you think about the participants from semifinal 1? 
There are so many good singers and entertainers in that semifinal, and it is an honor to share the stage with them

What do you like about Eurovision? 
I like the thought of so many countries coming together in peace and music
What do you dislike about Eurovision? 
If it get's too competitive, and we forget the love of music

Tell me the first thing that comes to your mind when you hear the word:
Birds: My childhood parrot; Rune.
Conchita Wurst: Fantastic singer
Fear: Hights
Björkman: Adorable man w the same humor as I
Nudity: Nice
Opera: Meaning of life
Bacon: No. No. No.
Clones: Why not. As long as they obey to the laws of robotics
Fav ESC song: I'm never giving up - Sweet dreams 1983
Dreams: a world where love is always celebrated, regardless of where it appears
What are your plans for 2015? 
To sing. sing. sing. and save the world.
Is there anything you want to say to close the interview? 
Let's keep it up via Instagram and twitter! :) @gaytenor

Thanks to Rickard for the lovely interview! Wish him all the best in MF! Lycka till!

Here is his official website: www.rickardsoderberg.se
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/gaytenor
Twitter: http://instagram.com/gaytenor
Instagram: https://twitter.com/GayTenor

No comments:

Post a Comment