Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Kruuv: 6 happy musicians and a bagpipe

Welcome to the 1st post of 2015! We're starting this year with an INTERVIEW! It's time to get to know better one of the participants from the Estonian selection. Here are the answers of Allan from KRUUV:
Name: Allan
Birthday: 1985 July
Height: 1.74
Favorite color: Green
Favourite food: Green and healthy
Shoe Size: 43
What do you do in the band: singer/songwriter/guitar
Where are you right now? Library
3 things that makes you happy: my wife, my children, my friends
What’s your strangest talent? I can move my fingers real fast (on a guitar)
Do you have any nicknames? Valhallan
Home alone and you're bored. What do you do? Never happens
What is the strangest thing you have in your room? Didgeridoo
What are you really good at? Playing guitar
What are you really bad at? Playing piano
Childhood idol: Teacher and my parents
Childhood memory: I gave a recordable disc to my music teacher for her to copy a Peer Gynt - "Mountain king song" on it, because I really liked the song. Next lesson she said she liked my song on the disc I gave. I had accidentally forgotten a homemade rapsong on it. Really embarrassing, as I can not rap :)
Tell me something no one knows about you: I dont like beet (food)
What would you do if you were invisible? In a restaurant I would remove beet from my plate and secretly put it on my naber´s plate.
Craziest thing you've ever done:  Becoming a musician
Favorite movie: "Lotte" (it´s a great animation from Estonia, I recommend it)
Favorite TV series: I don´t have a TV
What's your favorite part of your body? I can not choose one part over another, because the parts left out would be offended.
What is your guilty pleasure? Coffee
Name a song that never fails to make you happy: Pharrel Williams "Happy"
If you were a product, how would you sell yourself? "If you buy me now, you will get my bandmembers extra"
Can you teach me some interesting words in Estonian? If you see a nice estonian you can say "kenad jalad" ("How do you do").
How would you describe the band? 
Kruuv is a group of good friends that has made happy music since 2007.

Tell me the story about the name of the band: 
To groove is to have a dance mood. We wrote it "Kruuv" because estonian words do not start with "G".
You are one of the 20 participants of Eesti Laul 2015. How did it all begin? 
The melody and lyrics were presented to the band by Kruuv´s singer/composer and then every musician in the band gave their contribution.

"Tiiu talu tütreke" is the title of your song, whats the story behind the song?
In Estonian folklore there is a young girl called Tiiu. She is very talented and will grow into exemplary Estonian woman. We however sing of her daughter who will instead drink beer, dance and enjoy life to the fullest.

Describe the song with 4 words: 
Happy, folk´ish, bagpipe, simple.

What can you tell me about the performance?
As we come up with new ideas every day, it is too early to say what our show will look like. You will definitely see a bagpipe and 6 happy musicians.

Have you heard any of the other songs in the competition?
All the songs that have been selected to be in the semi-finals of Eesti Laul are great songs and we like them all.
Tell me the first thing that comes to your mind when you hear the word:
2014: yesterday
Racoon: I wouldn´t have as a pet
Stage: Austria
Bacon: boiled or smoked?
Suspenders: Kruuv
Nightmare: broken coffee machine
Estonia: Old town, Snow in winter, warm beaches in summer.
Censored: nothing
What are your plans for 2015? 
Meeting new and interesting people and making friends.

Is there anything you want to say to close the interview?
We wish you all a warm heart in wintertime and welcome you to Estonia.
Best wishes,
Allan Kasuk

Thanks to Allan for the interview! Good luck to the band on Eesti Laul 2015!

Here is their official website: www.kruuv.ee
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/kruuvband
Twitter: https://twitter.com/Kruuv
Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/kruuv

No comments:

Post a Comment