Friday, January 16, 2015

Ida Bois: "I'm kind of like an old school hippie-sort of performer"

Photo: Anton Sucksdorff! (YLE)
Are you ready for the 3rd interview of the day? OH YES! Now its the turn of another UMK 2015 participant! Here are the answers of IDA BOIS:
Name: Ida Karoliina Bois
Birthday: 7th of June
Height: 167cm
Favorite color: Yellow
Favourite food: All kinds of chinese food
Eye color: Green
Where are you right now? At home, in the kitchen eating breakfast
What’s your strangest talent? To be able to be late all the time!!!
Do you have any nicknames? Well not really, 'cause I have such a short name. 
Home alone and you're bored. What do you do? Put some music on and dance around :D Doesn't everybody do that?
What is the strangest thing you have in your room? Not really anything too strange at the moment, but our outside door is in our bed room. So we go out from our bedroom :D
What are you really good at? Multitasking. I like literally do 100 things at the same time. I'm not sure if it always works, but can't help it. I just have to be moving all the time.
What are you really bad at? Saying no. I'm 26 and still need to really focus, not to say yes to everything! Sometimes it's ok to be selfish for your own sake :)
Childhood idol: I was a huge Spice Girls fan and in love with Leonardo Dicaprio
Childhood memory: I remember my first time singing on stage at the age of 10. I was so nervous. Somehow I managed to the end of the show, but started crying afterwards and I don't even know why :D
Favorite movie: Pride and Prejudice (2005)
Favorite TV series: Friends
Tell me something no one knows about you: I don't know if there is such a thing, that nobody knows. But I try... I'm really hyperactive. I always have to have some sort of a project going on, or I get bored. That's why making music is good for me. I can make new songs every time I want to :)
What would you do if you were invisible? I don't now.. Maybe spy somebody, is that weird? :D
Tell me a super power you wish you had: I would like to be fearless. Because I'm afraid of lots of stuff, so it would be nice not to have to think of anything but important stuff!
What is your guilty pleasure? Chocolate!!
Name a song that never fails to make you happy: Paramore - Feeling Sorry
Tell me one of your bad habits: I don't know wether it's a bad habit or not, but I'm like super lazy to dress up and make up during my week days. I just wake and take what ever comes from the closet first into my hand! 
When did you start singing and writing? I was so small. I started playing the paino at the age of 5 and very soon after that writing my own songs. I've always had my own thing going on, so I don't even know the exact time when I started!
Can you teach me some interesting words in Finnish? Yes sure, vihainen lintu is angry bird ;D
Hello Ida! How are you?
I'm fine thank you. Everything is a bit crazy still after they revealed the contestants, so I haven't slept too much yet. But it's a beautiful winter morning and I have no rush at the moment, so I'm just enjoying and drinking my morning coffee.
How would you describe yourself as an artist?
I'm a singer-songwriter, my thing has always been my songs and especially my lyrics. I'm kind of like an old school hippie-sort of performer, really natural and raw. But still we want to make a good Eurovision-ish performance, so I can quarantee that it's not going to be plain or boring :)
Photo: Riikka Hautamäki
You are one of the participants of UMK 2015. How did it all begin?
I made the song Kumbaya about a year ago and played it to my band. They were super into it and we started thinking that maybe this would be a good song for Eurovision and Uuden Musiikin kilpailu. So we made the arrangement with my producer Kalle Mäkipelto and sent it in. And then the news came that we got into the competition. And here I am :)
"Kumbaya" is the title of your song. Whats the story behind it?
It's basically about trying to make your community a better place and doing your part for the world. But the lyrics are kind of self-ironic. It's literally saying that "everything has always been like this, we don't need to change a thing. Just let's waste out time.", but it's not hard to find the real message between the lines :)

Describe the song with 4 words:
Big, happy AND a little sad at the same time, delicate
What can we expect to see on stage for the performance?
Like I said, I'm a really old school and hippie-sort of performer, so it will be authentic and somehow delicate like the song is. But still we will make a big and fun show for the big audience!

Do you already know what you are going to wear for the semifinal?
I pretty much have it in mind. I can picture it in my mind, but we haven't tried any clothes on yet for the semifinal.
Tell me about the official video of "Kumbaya":
It's just a fun dance movie in the roof, where you can see Helsinki. We wanted to bring the different sides of the song into the video also. The view is very hard and cold, and then there's me dancing around and having fun. Video is also happy and a little sad at the same time, like the song!

Have you heard any of the other participants? any favorite?
I've heard them all and loved them all!! It's going to be a tough competition! I can't just name one :D Can I just say that I love them all so much and I'm so afraid of myself, because my fellow contestants are just so amazing!
Did you watch Eurovision 2014? who was your favorite?
I watch Eurovision every year :) I loved our own entry, Softengine. The song was just amazing. But also The Netherlands' The Common Linnets stuck to my mind. I love stripped down acoustic music so much.

What do you like about Eurovision?
Every year we have a Eurovision gathering with our friends. We hang, eat and watch Eurovision and of course rate the songs ourselves ;) It's a very special way to be proud of our own country and get to know other cultures and their music better!
Photo: Riikka Hautamäki
Tell me the first thing that comes to your mind when you hear the word:
Neon: LIGHTS
Snow: BEAUTIFUL
Fear: DARKNESS
Stage: AWESOME
Clones: DNA
Nightmare: JOHNNY DEPP
Austria: CONCHITA WURST
Guitar: ACOUSTIC
Photo: Riikka Hautamäki
What are your plans for 2015?
Of course to win first Finnish selection and then Eurovision! :D Hehe, but other wise we are making new music now and putting it out there and hoping that it will get lots of listeners :)

Is there anything you want to say to close the interview?
HEY you all! Go to check my song Kumbaya from Youtube, and my follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram! The world will not be a better place on it's own, but we can do the #Kumbaya -actions and make the world a better place! 

Thanks to Ida for this great interview! Wish her all the best in UMK!


Here are the lyrics of "Kumbaya"

1. On meitä ennenkin täällä ollut, ollaan kuljettu eteenpäin
Vahvat voittivat heikot, kylähullut eivät selvinneet ominpäin
Helpompi sulkea silmänsä, ei tarvi rikottua nähdä
Uskotaan että paranee maailma hiljalleen

MEILLÄ ON VAIN AIKAA
JA SEKIN TÄNÄÄN TUHLATAAN
LAULETAAN KUMBAYAA
NIIN TÄMÄ MAAILMA MUUTETAAN

2. Kerran olimme täynnä toivoa, uskoimme huomiseen parempaan
Olimme silloin vielä niin nuoria, käytimme aikamme utopiaan
Helpompi sulkea silmänsä, ei tarvi rikottua nähdä
Uskotaan että paranee maailma hiljalleen

Silmät kiinni hengitämme elämää
Jokainenhan selvitä vain yrittää
Onko jotain pysyvää? Onko jossain määränpää?

And the english translation of the song made by Ida: "I'm not good at translating, so I'm sorry for that"

There have always been people going forward
The strong ones won the weak ones and not all survived
It's easier to close your eyes, so you don't need to see the broken
Let's believe that the world will be a better place a little by little

WE HAVE ONLY TIME
AND TODAY WE ARE GOING TO WASTE IT
LET'S SING KUMBAYA
IT'S HOW WE CHANGE THE WORLD

Once we were full of hope, and believed in a better tomorrow
We were back then so young, we used our time into a fairytale
It's easier to close your eyes, so you don't need to see the broken
Let's believe that the world will be a better place little by little

Eyes closed we breathe life
Everyone of us just tries to survive
 Is there something that lasts? Is there a destination?

1 comment:

  1. I know a professional Private Investigator named james who has worked for me before on something i can't disclose, he offers very legitimate services such as clearing of bad records online without being traced back to you, He clone/hack mobile phones, hack Facebook account, instagram, WhatsApp, emails, Twitter, bank accounts, Skype, FIXES CREDIT REPORTs, track calls. He also help retrieve accounts that have been taking by hackers. His charges are affordable, reliable and 100% safe. For his job well done this is my own way to show appreciation, Contact him via address Premiumhackservices@gmail.com
    Text/Call; +17078685071

    ReplyDelete