Thursday, January 29, 2015

Emelie Irewald: "I love to be a part of this whole spectacular show!"

Now its time to go to Sweden for a new melfest interview! Here are the answers of EMELIE IREWALD:
Name: Emelie Irewald
Birthday: 15th of june 1984
Height: 175 cm
Favorite color: Red
Favourite food: My grandmas Sunday steak with potatoes and her homemade sauce.
Eye color: Green.
Where are you right now? Home in bed, soon going to sleep.
3 things that makes you happy: Love, honesty and rollercoasters.
What’s your strangest talent? I can sound like a child, my "baby voice".
What is the strangest thing you have in your room? At the moment, a machine that helps to heal my back problems
What are you really good at? listening I think, and of course Eating
What are you really bad at? Im so freaking bad at going up in the morning.
Childhood idol: Whitney Houston and Michael Jackson
Childhood memory: Kollo (its a 3 week camp in the archipelago for kids from the city, to come out and be in the nature, play, learn how to sail and so on during the summers. I have so fantastic memories from there).
Tell me something no one knows about you: I don't think it is anything that not nobody knows about me.. Im a pretty open person, sometimes I share to much 
What would you do if you were invisible? sneak a peak.. 
Favorite movie: hmm.. hard.. but a classic and a favorite is Forest Gump
Favorite TV series: Homeland and Breaking bad
Tell me a super power you wish you had: To see into the future
What is your guilty pleasure? ICE CREAM all kinds..
Name a song that never fails to make you happy: "I wanna dance with somebody", Whitney Houston
When did you start to sing? Before I could walk and talk my mum has said 
When did you start to write music? I started for real only 2 years ago. I have always felt that I have had so much inside that I want to come out, but I haven't given myself the chance to REALLY write.. I have done it fast and sloppy and wanted fast delivery. But that hasn't worked for me at all. Writing for me have taken time. I know what I want to write about, the story I wanna tell, but after that its takes hours of hours to make the melody fit with the words so the feeling and the meaning of the words gets right.
Can you teach me some interesting words in swedish? Jag älskar dig, a classic, I love you
Photo: Anna-Lena Ahlström
Hello Emelie! Welcome to MF! How are you?
Hiiii! Thank you! Im good!  I am so exited and Im longing so much for my 3 minutes on stage  

How would you describe yourself as a person and as an artist?
I think I am a pretty normal swedish girl. Very happy in general and surrounded by love. I am a very emotional person so that reflects on my music and who I am as an artist also of course. Because of that my lyrics can be very dramatic, but for me its how I feel in the moment and the only truth.
As a person I don't have inhibitions so much, and I want that to be seen in my music. That everything is possible, and that you as a human are who you are and that that can take different expressions. 
Photo: Ossian Langenborg
You are one of the participants of Melodifestivalen 2015. How did it all begin?
It began this fall when I decided to send in a demo of one of my songs to the competition..
And one friday night, I have had dinner with my family and I was ready for the chips and movie-time and the phone rang.. 
- Hello this is Christer.. my brain was working pretty hard, but after a few seconds I recognized the voice.. From tv.. It was the famous Melodifestival-producer Christer Björkman on the phone, calling me!  The following minutes is a little bit blurry, but what I remember was that he said that they love my song and that Im in if I want  When we have hanged up I was running around screaming, like in a movie, while my family tried to understand what have happened. 
Photo: Ossian Langenborg
"Där och då med dig" is the title of your song, whats the story behind it? what made you write it?
I wrote my song almost exactly one year ago, after hearing that a few different people in my life have been told that they where very sick.
I got a horrible recurring dream after this. It came back night after night, the worst of night mares. That my love and life partner have gotten ill, and that he wouldn't be here alive with me anymore.. Its about that you would do anything for somebody, that you want to take the pain away, that you want to change place with the one you love or at least follow them were ever they go after life..
Describe the song with 4 words:
Fear, love, pain, missing 

What can we expect to see on stage for the performance?
Emotions, I really want people to be moved and to be able to recognize them selfs in the fear of losing somebody
Do you already know what you are going to wear for the semifinal?
I am going to have a nice dress 

What do you think about the participants from semifinal 2?
I think its very interesting artists, and very different from each other. I haven't heard any of the other songs so I am super exited to soon be in Malmö and hear them and see their performances.
Did you watch Melodifestivalen 2014? any fav?
Yes I did! I liked Sannas song a lot! she had a really power ballad which I love

What do you like about Eurovision?
I like that its a time for family and friends to get together and spend time. And now I love to be a part of this whole spectacular show! 
Give me the first thing that comes to mind when you hear the word:
Wind: energy
Fear: death
Austria: skiing
IKEA: köttbullar (meatballs)
Nature: tranquillity
Nightmare: snakes
Pizza: mmmmm mums! Jiiihaaa!
Fav Mello song: Fångad av en stormvind and Euphoria
Dreams: love and family
Photo: Ossian Langenborg
What are your plans for 2015?
To sing and show people who I am, To tell my stories and hopefully move people with my singing and music

Is there anything you want to say to close the interview?
This have been so fun! 
All the best and lots of love
Em
Thanks to Emelie for her lovely answers! All the best in Mello!

Official website: http://www.emelieirewald.se/

No comments:

Post a Comment