Thursday, January 29, 2015

Demie & Janice: There will be energy and power on stage

Time to post an interview from one of the participants of Eesti laul 2015. Here are the answers of DEMIE & JANICE:
Name: Janice (artist name), my  real name is Jaanika Merelaht
Age: 26
Birthday: 12.01.1989
Height: 165 cm
Favorite Color: black
Favourite food: Home made Estonian food and chinese food
Shoe Size: 36
Eye color: green/gray
Where are you right now? At home
3 things that makes you happy: Singing, sleeping and my family
What’s your strangest talent? I think it is singing.
Home alone and you're bored. What do you do? Usually i make music.
What is the strangest thing you have in your room? Furby BOOM :D
What are you really good at? I love to make great food for my family. And also singing and driving.
What are you really bad at? I am very bad at skiing
Childhood idol: Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera. Also Backstreet boys :)
Childhood memory: Beautiful nights outside with my best friend. We camouflaged as ninjas.
What would you do if you were invisible?  I would travel different places and i would visit my friends :P 
Favorite movie: I love Quentin Tarantino movies
Favorite TV series: Desperate Housewives, yes i love them.
What's your favorite part of your body? Legs
What is your guilty pleasure? Mc Donalds food 
Name a song that never fails to make you happy: Jeff Beck - Angel footsteps
If you were a product, how would you sell yourself?  I would organize my own concert and make huge show.
Can you teach me some interesting words in Estonian? KUUM - HOT
Name: Raimo Ugast aka Demie
Favorite color: Black
Favourite food: all fish related foods and chicken pasta.
Shoe Size:  medium
Eye color: blue
Where are you right now? At a supermarket :D
3 things that makes you happy: Music, love, nature.
What’s your strangest talent? My stubborness. If I want something, I will do anything to get it.
Home alone and you're bored. What do you do? Start to make music of course!
What is the strangest thing you have in your room? A pillow!
What are you really good at?  All kinds of outdoor activities.
What are you really bad at? Looking cool at photos! :D
Childhood idol: My parents.
What would you do if you were invisible? You know...
How would you describe yourself as an artist?
J: I am positive and very passionate, i love to make people happy. When i perfom i get this energy back.
Photo: Erlend Štaub ELU24
You are one of the 20 participants of Eesti Laul 2015. How did it all begin?
J: I wrote to Demie that i want to make music together . Demie sent me te first instrumental and that inspired me. The first idea was ready in 1 hour. And thats how it started.

How did you meet Janice?
D: I met Janice firstly through internet. She wrote me about doing a song together.
Of course later we actually met eye-to-eye in "real" life.
Photo: Erlend Štaub ELU24
"Kuum" is the title of your song, what can you tell me about it?
J: "KUUM" (HOT) is a story about two young lovers who cant live without them. They have a passionate relationship.

Describe the song with 4 words:
J: HOT, LOVE, FAST, TEMPERATURE
Tell me about the performance. What can we expect to see on stage?
D: You will see Janice with two backsingers and also 2 drummers, as you know "KUUM" is a DNB (drum and bass) song. There will be energy and power and some fire too.
Have you heard any of the other songs in the competition? Any favorite?
J: Yes i have heard all the others semi-finalists. I love Elina Born and Stig Rästa's song.
D: Yeah, i have heard all songs. Every song is interesting in it's own way.

What do you like about Eurovision?
J: I love that there are very different kind music and huge show.
D: As Janice said - very different music from all over Europe.
Tell me the first thing that comes to mind when you hear the word:
Bacon: meatbreakfast of champions
Jazz: Louis Armstrong - love it! 
Estonia: President Toomas Hendrik Ilveshome
Nightmare: That im sick when i have to sing and perfom...On Elm Street
Forest: Estonia beautiful forests Estonia
Stage: SingingEnergy
Racoon: Cute animal cute

Is there anything you want to say to close the interview?
J: I think it's very important to love your music and believe in it. 
D: Much love to all of you, who are reading this. Please check out my fanpage for updates about our journey to Eurovision and of course my new stuff. www.facebook.com/theDemie and Janice www.facebook.com/JaniceOfficialFanPage
Be Kind To Each Other! ;)    
Thanks to Janice and Demie! Good luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment