Monday, January 19, 2015

Aikuinen: "I love a bit of comedy now and then"

Photo: Anton Sucksdorff! (YLE)
Time to post a new UMK interview! Here are the answers of AIKUINEN:
Name: Aikuinen
Height: 185 cm
Favorite color: black & white
Favourite food: thai
Shoe Size: 46 (european) 
Eye color: greenish
Where are you right now? at home, Porvoo, Finland
3 things that makes you happy: old Seinfeld episodes, nice walks, my dog Siiri (a bichon havanais) 
What’s your strangest talent? I can sing several old commercials by heart. 
Do you have any nicknames? I don't know, hope so. 
Home alone and you are bored. What do you do? well, I'll make a pizza, watch old Seinfeld episodes, have a nice walk with my dog Siiri 
What is the strangest thing you have in your room? an old mandolin from Soviet Union. I've never learned to play it. 
What are you really good at? I'm a great diver 
What are you really bad at? maths
Childhood idol: Batman
Childhood memory: staring at the sea, doing nothing
Tell me something no one knows about you: I feel lazy
What would you do if you were invisible? I'd have a coke and follow how it takes a tour in my plumbing
Craziest thing you've ever done: this UMK 2015 & Eurovision thing
Favorite movie: l'Atalante (by Jean Vigo) 
Favorite TV series: Mad Men
Tell me a super power you wish you had: super speed, like Flash does
What's your favorite part of your body? heart
What is your guilty pleasure? I don't feel guilty about my pleasures 
Name a song that never fails to make you happy: Some Girls are Bigger than Others by The Smiths 
If you were a product, how would you sell yourself? buy me, no one has complained 
Can you teach me some interesting words in finnish? my song Kyynelten lahti is The Bay of Tears in English
Hello! Welcome to UMK! How are you?
-excellent, thank you

How would you describe yourself as an artist?
–keen and heartfelt. I love a bit of comedy now and then. 

You are one of the participants of UMK 2015. How did it all begin?
-I'm a professional songwriter. I had this song Kyynelten lahti but couldn't imagine any artist to sing it. So I had to do it by myself. 

"Kyynelten lahti" is the title of your song, whats the story behind it?
-it's about the Finnish way to worry too much, our love to mourn
Describe the song with 4 words:
the kids love it

What can we expect to see on stage for the performance?
-some small things: maybe a dog

Do you already know what you are going to wear for the semifinal?
-yes, my dark suit, there's a picture of my dog Siiri in my tie

Tell me about the official video of "Kyynelten lahti":
It's directed by the great Tommi Vainikainen. It matches quite well with the lyrics. Aikuinen seems to be a little lost.

Have you heard any of the other participants? any favorite?
Yes I have, there are many good songs: "Ostarilla" by Shava, Pertti Kurikan nimipäivät, Pihka ja myrsky, Hans on the Bass and Vilikasper Kanth for example. 

Did you watch Eurovision 2014? who was your favorite?
-yes I did. My favourite was Softengine from Finland :) 

What do you like about Eurovision?
- it's a great happening: songs, tradition, peace! 

What do you dislike about Eurovision?
- I'd like all us songwriters and performers to be more personal, more original
Tell me the first thing that comes to your mind when you hear the word:
Dog: Siiri (my only one)
Fear: no fear, baby. Just hope.
Watermelon: "Watermelon Man" by Herbie Hancock
Tears: my song Kyynelten lahti a.k.a. The Bay of Tears 
Nudity: there's plenty of it (I've got a sauna of my own) 
Hashtag: major key
Nightmare: in my dreams. Life is life. 
Clones: Clones 
Dreams: total freedom 
What are your plans for 2015?
-to win the Finnish Eurovision Finals (UMK), to fly to Vienna, to give my previous cd Partajaana to Conchita Wurst 

Is there anything you want to say to close the interview?
-peace! Keep up the good work! 
Kindy Yours, 
Aikuinen 
Photo: Tiia Santavirta

Thanks to Aikuinen for the interview! Good luck

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Aikuinenofficial
Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/Aikuinenoff
Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/aikuinenofficial

No comments:

Post a Comment