Saturday, February 15, 2014

Ricardo Afonso: "I feel very lucky to earn a living doing exactly what I love"

Ola a todos! Its time for another interview with one of the participants from Festival da Canção 2014. Here are the answers of RICARDO AFONSO:

Name: Ricardo Afonso
Age: 39
Favorite Color: Black
Favourite food: Lamb Chops
Eye color: Brown
Where are you right now? At the Lyric Theatre doing Thriller Live
3 things that makes you happy: My sons, music, motorbikes.
What’s your strangest talent? Holding my breath.
Do you have any nicknames? No
Home alone and you are bored. What do you do? Watch a film
What is the strangest thing you have in your room? My office
What are you really good at? Eating and drinking
What are you really bad at? Patience 
Childhood memory: learning how to ride a bike
Tell me something no one knows about you: I'm an Alien... Shhh, don't tell anyone ;)
What would you do if you were invisible? Disappear ;)
Craziest thing you've ever done: Forgot to buy my wife a Happy Mother's Day card. I won't do that again!
Favorite movie: Shawshank Redemption
Favorite TV series: 24
Tell me a super power you wish you had: To be able to fly
What is your guilty pleasure? Don't have one!
Name a song that never fails to make you happy: Sultans Of Swing
Tell me some of your bad habits: Cursing
If you were a product, how would you sell yourself? I wouldn't do interviews this long... I would pass the sell by date... ;-)
When did you start singing & writing? 14
Can you teach me some interesting words in portuguese? Inconstitucionalicimamente 
If you were the journalist what would you ask to Ricardo Afonso? and tell me your answer.
Do you enjoy what you do? Yes. I feel very lucky to earn a living doing exactly what I love. 
Hello Ricardo, how are you? 
Happy and busy. 

How would you describe yourself as an artist? 
High rock tenor that thinks he's funny. 

Tell me about your experience at The Voice, what did you learn from it? 
To always follow your dreams and instincts. 

You are one of the 10 participants of Festival da Canção 2014, how did it all begin? 
I was invited through an email. It feels good to have the opportunity of maybe represent your country with your own material. 

Your song is called "Emoção" and its written by you, Luis Fernando and Rui Fingers. How was it to work with them? 
We've been friends for over 15 years now. We wrote many songs together and I know there is still plenty to come out. 
What can you tell me about the song? whats the story behind it? what made you write it? 
It's a positive song. With high energy and an uplifting message. The song for me speaks about the strength and passion of the Portuguese people. 

Describe the song with 4 words: 
Rock, powerful, happy, Portuguese. 

What can we expect to see on stage for the semifinal performance? 
All of the above. 
Did you watch Eurovision 2013? any favorite? 
The winner. 

What do you like about Eurovision? 
Variety. Reminds me of my childhood. 
Tell me the first thing that comes to your mind when you hear the word:
2013: birth of my second boy
Wind: nature
Bed: sleep
Music: stevie wonder
Fear: nothing
Portugal: beach
Stage: home
UK: work
Sharks: Jaws
Dream: happiness 
What are your plans for 2014? 
Try to win festival da canção... 

Is there anything you want to say to close the interview? 
This was the longest interview I've ever done. Hehehe. Thanks

Thanks to Ricardo for the interview! Good luck in FDC!

Here is his Official Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ricardo-Afonso-Music/435487546545870
Twitter: https://twitter.com/RicardoAfonsoPT

No comments:

Post a Comment