Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Nadia Malm: Versatile, soulful and always ready to take on challenging project

Photo: DR
DMGP INTERVIEW ALERT! Im ready to post a really nice interview with one of the favorites of DMGP 2014. Here are the answers of NADIA MALM:

Name: Nadia Malm Hansen
Birthday: 22. October 1986
Height: 171 cm
Favourite color: Red
Favourite food: I’m a real food lover and I love to cook but anything that involves fish and meat, like fresh tuna, salmon and a good steak. 
Where are you right now? At home, preparing a nice meal for me and my boyfriend while he is writing down my answers :)
3 things that makes you happy: Music, food and my boyfriend
What’s your strangest talent? I can touch the tip of my nose with tongue
Do you have any nicknames? Naddie, Nalle (got that nickname from Svenstrup & Vendelboe when I was touring with them)
What is the strangest thing you have in your room? I have a huge lollipop hanging on my wall that I got as a present a while back. It’s actually looks really nice
What are you really good at? Singing all kinds of music. Pop, rock, r&b, even opera but also cooking and being creative with food. 
What are you really bad at? Remembering things. I’m very forgetful :)
Childhood idol: Mariah Carey.
Childhood memory: First that came to mind was getting the biggest icecream (cone with every topping imaginable) I’ve ever seen when I was 11. It was while I was on vacation with my mom & dad. Obviously I could’nt finish it :)
Tell me something no one knows about you: I’m a big sleepyhead. I always try to get at least 10 hours of sleep!
What would you do if you were invisible? It’s been more than a year since I was on vacation, so I would probably quickly sneak on board a plane going to somewhere really exotic :)
Favorite movie: The obvious go-to movie for a romantic. Titanic. At least that was the first one that came to mind.
Favorite TV series: Mad Men, Sex & The City 
Tell me a super power you wish you had: To fly! Which is funny, because I’m afraid of heights! Haha.
What is your guilty pleasure? Wine. I love drinking a glass of good wine when I’m eating a good meal :)
Name a song that never fails to make you happy: Mariah Carey – Always Be My Baby
When did you start singing and writing? I started singing when I was 11 and started writing when I was around 18 after being signed at my first real label.
Can you teach me some interesting words in Danish? I’ve been told that “Netop” (which means “Just/exactly”) sounds really fun to people who don’t speak Danish :) It’s pronounced a bit like “Hick-up”
Hi Nadia! Welcome to DMGP! how are you?
I’m fine thank you. Really excited to be entering the competition with my own song that I wrote and composed and to perform it live in front most of Denmark.

How would you describe yourself as an artist?
Versatile, soulful and always ready to take on challenging project.
Tell me about your career:
As far back as I can remember I’ve always loved music, specifically singing. I grew up in a family where both of my parents sang and played guitar and I always loved singing along with them.
When I was 18, I entered a Danish song-contest called Idols. Even though I didn’t win, I was picked up by a label afterwards and started a long process of finding my sound, defining myself as an artist and just writing music. 
My big break came in 2011 og 2012 when I featured on the 2 track “Dybt Vand” and “Glemmer Dig Aldrig” by Svenstrup & Vendelboe. Since then I have released 2 of my own singles with a 3rd one on the way (“Before You Forget Me”).

The title of your song is "Before you forget me" and its written by you. What can you tell me about the song? whats the story behind it? what made you write it?
It’s definitely a love song, a topic most people can relate to. Today I find that a lot of people quickly give up on their relationships. The tolerance is lower and even though you spend years together, building your love, sharing your lives, people have a tendency to quickly give up when faced with adversity.
My song is about not wanting to give up so easily. It’s about remembering what you had together, why you fell in love and finding the feelings you once shared. I remember thinking about all of this the day I sat down and wrote the song.
Describe the song with 4 words:
Heartfelt, powerful, emotional, surprising

Lets talk about the performance! what can you tell me  about it? what can we expect to see on stage?
I still can’t reveal anything about my stage-show, sorry ! :)

Do you already know what you are going to wear for the final? any hint?
I’ve got a famous Danish designer working on something specifically for me, something I can sit down in but also move around with.
What do think about the other participants in the selection?
Interesting mix of artists.

What do you like about Eurovision?
The amazing effort that is put into the shows as well as the huge following it has. I’m sure that no matter what, it will a be a once-in-a-lifetime experience.
Tell me the first thing that comes to your mind when you hear the word:
2013: Changes
Nature: Summer
Club: Perform
Uafhængig: My latest Danish single
Cats: Kittens
Fear: Spiders
Stage: Me
Clones: Sheep
Denmark: Danish hotdogs!
Water: Beach
Dreams: Vacation!
What are your plans for 2014?
First step is winning the Danish MGP and representing my country in Eurovision, then working on releasing an EP and hopefully working together with a lot of talented producers and songwriters so I continue what I love the most – singing and performing! :)
Thanks to Nadia for the interview! I really liked it and i cant wait to listen to the full version of her song. Good luck in DMGP!

Official Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Nadia.Malm
Twitter: https://twitter.com/NadiaMalm
Instagram: http://instagram.com/nadiamalm

No comments:

Post a Comment