Thursday, February 20, 2014

Hilda Stenmalm: "I love music from the bottom of my heart"

Hi! Its time for a new MGP interview! She was one of the participants of Lilla Melodifestivalen 2008 and now she is ready to shine in the 1st semifinal of MGP 2014. Here are the answers of HILDA STENMALM!:

Name: Hilda Ellen Viktoria Stenmalm
Birthday: 5 June
Favorite color: Black&white&green
Where are you right now? In my sofa
3 things that makes you happy: friends, music & cute puppies
What’s your strangest talent? I don’t know…I can dance really ugly!
Home alone and you are bored. What do you do? Watching tv or exercising 
What is the strangest thing you have in your room? insanely much bland photo paper in my closet
What are you really good at? Say exactly how I feel
What are you really bad at? stay awake in school
Childhood memory: I was a really angry kid when I was little. I only know that I was stubborn and angry haha...
What would you do if you were invisible? Oh lord. I don’t know. Sneak into one directions dressingroom..?
Favorite movie: Rent & love actually
Favorite TV series: Lost and Life unexpected
Tell me a super power you wish you had: I wish that I could fly. Seriously. HOW COOL!?
Name a song that never fails to make you happy: Happy - Pharrell Williams
When did you start singing? When I was about 5, but it did not sound good i guess...
Can you teach me some interesting words in Swedish? Rösta = vote. För = for Hilda=Hilda och= and Thea=Thea
If you were the journalist what would you ask to Hilda Stenmalm? and tell me your answer. 
I would probably ask some boring normal question just to keep the article pretty normal. Then I would freak her out with a lot of funny questions to make her laugh. Cause she loves to laugh. 
How would you describe yourself as an artist?
An honest and very hardworking artist. I love music from the bottom of my heart, and I express myself through music. I love to perform and deliver a really great show with good music people can both relate, dance, cry and feel happy with. That’s who I am! 
You are one of the participants of Melodi Grand Prix 2014, how did it all begin?
I’ve been working and writing songs together with Martin K who’s one of the writers to the song. He knew who Thea was and introduced her to me. We chatted a lot on Facebook and then we heard the song, Best friends boyfriend. And it was like a revelation - We have to do it! :)
What can you tell me about Thea?
Thea and I are pretty alike, but she's three years older. She’s weird, funny, a music freak with really bad humor haha…Just like me!

"Best Friend's Boyfriend" is the title of your song and its written by Martin Kleveland, Lisa Desmond Linder and Jesper Jakobsen, how was it to work with them?
They are amazing. I love all three of them. Lisa is just like me, really talented and creative. Jesper is a great producer and so funny. Lisa and Jesper are like siblings which is kinda funny. And Martin is just a mix of everything - He’s a storm with a thousand ideas all the time!
What can you tell me about the song? whats the story behind the it?
You know - you have fell in love with the wrong person. You’re in love with your best friends boyfriend. And whoever is listening to the song can relate about like the wrong person. Including me!
What did you feel the 1st time you heard the song?
I was like BAAM. Here it is. No more words needed :)

Describe the song with 4 words:
Energy, really-hard-song-to-sing, happiness and catchy!!!
Lets talk about the performance, what can we expect to see on stage?
A bit of a secret so far. But you will see what you hear in the song. Except the boyfriend though...

Did you watch eurovision 2013? Any favorite?
Yeah I did. I really liked Robin & Emmelie who won. 
What do you like about Eurovision?
It’s a huge party where all musiclovers all over europe get together to celebrate. For me it’s not so much about the placement. It’s pure happiness. 

Give me the first thing that comes to mind when you hear the word:
2013: love
Stage: passion
Pizza: omg how yummy!? I’m hungry. 
Cats: Outch. Creepy and unreliable
Lilla Melodifestivalen: 6 years ago now. 
Norway: kjempegøy
Fear: birds
Dream: live my life
What are your plans for 2014?
Make fantastic music, perform, feeling happy, enjoy life!

Is there anything you want to say to close the interview? 
Thanku for a funny and a little different interview! Hope you’ll watch and vote!!
LOVE / Hilda 
Photo: NRK
Thanks to Hilda for the lovely interview! Wish her all the best in MGP!

Official Website: http://www.hildastenmalm.se/

No comments:

Post a Comment