Thursday, January 16, 2014

State of Drama: A hardworking band that always have big goals

Melfest interview time! Are you ready to get to know the guys from this band a bit more? Im sure you are! Last year they got a good result in the final and this year they are coming back for more! Here are the answers of STATE OF DRAMA:

Name: Sebastian Hallifax
Age: 32
Birthday: November 11
Zodiac sign: Scorpio
Height: 182cm
Favorite Color: Blue
Favourite food: Pizza, Burgers and all the other nasty stuff:)
Shoe Size: 43 
Eye color: Green/brown
What do you do in the band: Drummer/songwriter
Where are you right now? On a train to Stockholm!
3 things that makes you happy: When i hear our single on the radio for the first time, Performing live, The first time i realize that the song I’ve been working on might just be the next hit! ;) 
What’s your strangest talent? Rolling my toes in a very strange way..
Do you have any nicknames? Zebulba, Sebaot, Zebzor.. but mostly just Seb. 
Home alone and you are bored. What do you do? Write a song or watch an episode of family guy..
What is the strangest thing you have in your room? A shaker in the shape of a banana:)
What are you really good at? Being lazy haha
What are you really bad at? Remembering peoples names. 
Childhood idol: Superman!
Childhood memory: When my parents took us kids to see the beach boys in Gothenburg, it was awesome!
Tell me something no one knows about you: I was a world class hip hopp dancer back in the day!
What would you do if you were invisible? To tempting to even answer..
Craziest thing you've ever done: Went to space and jumped back to earth.. Oops, sorry that was only a dream;)
Favorite movie: I just watched a movie called The Words. great movie!
Tell me a super power you wish you had: The ability to fly.
What's your favorite part of your body? My arms
Tell me one of your insecurities: I get shy when getting to much attention, thats why I chose to be the drummer hehe 
What is your guilty pleasure? Eating greasy takeout food because I’m to lazy to go shopping..
Name a song that never fails to make you happy: "Waiting In Vain” by Bob Marley
Tell me some of your bad habits: I easily get stuck watching TV instead of doing more important stuff.
If you were a product, how would you sell yourself? I would try to put myself in a major hollywood movie!
Can you teach me some interesting words in Swedish? hmmm.. blank, the swedish language isn’t that interesting ;)  
If you were the journalist what would you ask to State of drama? and tell me your answer!.
What is the final frontier for the band in the future? Answer: Having a concert on the moon! weehaa! Sebastian Hallifax

Name: Rickard Olausson
Age: 28
Birthday: September 10
Zodiac sign: Virgo
Height: 180cm
Favorite Color: Blue
Favourite food: Pulled pork
Shoe Size: 43
Eye color: Blue
What do you do in the band: Guitar
Where are you right now? In my apartment in Gothenburg
3 things that makes you happy: south park, guitars, beer
What’s your strangest talent? I always cut perfectly pieces of bread
Do you have any nicknames? Rick the slick
Home alone and your bored. What do you do? I play my guitars
What is the strangest thing you have in your room? books, that i actually read! very strange
What are you really good at? Being spontaneous
What are you really bad at? Planning
Childhood idol: Jimi Hendrix
Childhood memory: When I was hanging out with my father and his band "Runez" that was the start of everything for me
Tell me something no one knows about you: I worked a lot as a model when i was young
What would you do if you were invisible? Walk over to my neighbor and turn down the volume on his stereo when he listens to Celine Dion on repeat!
Craziest thing you've ever done: Bungyjump in New Zeeland, 135 meters!
Favorite movie: Stepbrothers
Tell me a super power you wish you had: Singing like Bruno Mars
What's your favorite part of your body? My hands
Tell me one of your insecurities: Lying
What is your guilty pleasure? Beer
Name a song that never fails to make you happy: You make my dreams, Hall & Oates
Tell me some of your bad habits: I always do stuff in the last minute! 
If you were a product, how would you sell yourself? In the golden ways of TV-shop.
Can you teach me some interesting words in Swedish? Falukorv = huge sausage, spårvagn = tram/cable car
If you were the journalist what would you ask to State of drama? and tell me your answer.
Question: What do you do before entering the stages for a big show?
Answer: Dancing line-dance to country star Brad Paisley

Name: Stefan Koro
Age: 27 (Youngest member of the band)
Birthday: 24/11
Zodiac sign: Sagittarius
Height: 180 cm
Favorite Color: Dark red
Favourite food: Everything
Shoe Size: 42,5
Eye color: Brown
What do you do in the band: Play Keyboard 
Where are you right now? At a train to Stockholm with Emil and Seb, where the preparations for Melodifestivalen finally will begin.
3 things that makes you happy: Food, watch myself in the mirror, love
What’s your strangest talent? Sometimes when I meet new people, who I know nothing about, I can tell in which season they are born. I just get a feeling about it and it's always correct. I can't control when this feeling appears and it doesnt work with all new people I meet, but when I get it I've never guessed wrong season. True story.
Do you have any nicknames? Koro/Kungen (the king)
Home alone and your bored. What do you do? Eat/play piano/going out for a run in the woods/play internet poker
What is the strangest thing you have in your room? A pink easter cock (rooster) made of metal
What are you really good at? Music, Run, Ping pong
What are you really bad at? Keeping time
Childhood idol: Nordman
Childhood memory: over all, i remember my childhood as a happy time filled with love from my famaly, playing with my friends and a time of no responsibility.
Tell me something no one knows about you: Sometimes I set the hair around my nipples on fire.
What would you do if you were invisible? Sneak aboard a plane to somewhere warm more often. Maybe Australia.
Craziest thing you've ever done: When I was drunk a few years ago I climed a drain-pipe to a balcony four floors up. I did this to surprise my friend who I thought would be at the fourth floor. It turned out he was at the second floor so I had to climb down two floors, the same way I went up. Could have died.... Twice!!!!!!
Favorite movie: Braveheart
Tell me a super power you wish you had: Being able to live for 10.000 years.
What's your favorite part of your body? My biceps
Tell me one of your insecurities: I'm always very insecure when I'm showing my music recordings for important people and getting them critizied.
What is your guilty pleasure? I'm enjoy to "fika" (sit down drink coffee and eat cake, cookies, trifle or chocolate) a little to much.
Name a song that never fails to make you happy: Hold the line- Toto/ Power of love-Huey Lewis and the news/ Still of the night-Whitesnake
Tell me some of your bad habits: I often have a hard time stop eating once I've started. Especially anything containing sugar.
If you were a product, how would you sell yourself? Charming and handsome. Buy this and your garanteed to smile more often. Once you have it, you can't imagine a life without it.
Can you teach me some interesting words in Swedish? Ö=Island, smörgåsbord=smorgasbord, ryggsäck=rucksack, asfalt=asphalt, abborre=perch, sjusåvare=a person that always sleeps all morning, pajas=joker, lycka=happyness
If you were the journalist what would you ask to State of drama? and tell me your answer. 
Is the keyboard player in your band single? Answer: Yes.

Name: Emil Gullhamn
Age: 29
Birthday: 3th of July
Zodiac sign: Cancer
Height: 176 cm
Favorite Color: Black
Favourite food: Swedish meatballs with smashed potatoes and brown sauce 
Shoe Size: 41
Eye color: Brown
What do you do in the band: Leadsinger, guitarist and songwriter
Where are you right now? At a train to our first Mello-rehearsal in Sthlm
3 things that makes you happy: My girlfriend, Our fans, When we’re out playing with the band
What’s your strangest talent? I can fly
Do you have any nicknames? Yes, ”Gullis” and that means "cute-ish"
Home alone and your bored. What do you do? I’m trying to write some lyrics, but if I don´t get any inspiration I sit down and play XBOX and the best game is FIFA 13
What is the strangest thing you have in your room? My black money box in shape of a pig
What are you really good at? FIFA 13
What are you really bad at? table tennis
Childhood idol: Michael Jackson
Childhood memory: When I watched my father learned to play the guitar. He was going to sing at a wedding then and wanted to play by himself and I think that´s why I´m working with music right now!
Tell me something no one knows about you: I always cry when I`m watching Moulin Rouge
What would you do if you were invisible? play hide and seek and also sneak in to a writing session with Max Martin
Craziest thing you've ever done: When I was jumping from the 10 m diving board! You should know that I´m very afraid of highs :/
Favorite movie: Pulp Fiction
Tell me a super power you wish you had: I always dreamed about flying by myself since I was a kid
What's your favorite part of your body? my vocal cord
Tell me one of your insecurities: When I don´t know a lyrics good enough
What is your guilty pleasure? I always watch a movie when I really should sleep
Name a song that never fails to make you happy: Dancing on the ceiling with Lionel Richie and Rascal Flatts
Tell me some of your bad habits: I use to stress a lot
If you were a product, how would you sell yourself? I would ask a famous girl artist to promote me as a product 
Can you teach me some interesting words in Swedish? De e gytt! That´s awsome!
If you were the journalist what would you ask to State of drama? and tell me your answer. 
Which band is your biggest wish to be an opening act to?
That’s a hard question, but it would be very fun to play together with Coldplay or Foo Fighters!


Hello, Welcome back to Melodifestivalen, how are you? 
Awesome! 
What can you tell me about the band? when did you start playing together? 
We are a Hardpop band that started playing together about 13 years ago. We began to make an album in 2009 and one of the tracks was the song called ”Falling” that we sent in to Melodifestivalen 2013. Since then our musical cereer started to take shape and with the success with the album ”fighter” we have been able to tour the country!

How would you describe the band?
We are a hardworking band that always have big goals. I don´t think that we will never give up our journey to the top :)
Tell me about the name of the band:
Back in the day we were calling our selves for ”Mindstate” , but a hiphop band already had that name and threatened to sue us. So we started to figured out some new names, but it was hard. One of our friends Viktor Göransson came with the idea: Why don´t you name your band to State of Drama, then you have a little bit of your old name left and I think it´s a lot of Drama in your band, haha. We liked idea and that´s the story
What did you learn from last year experience at Melodifestivalen?
We just had a lot of fun and the hole crew at SVT felt like a big family that we didn’t want to say goodbye to quite yet.
What are your expectations for this year?
We have even bigger goals this year and we like to challenge ourselves, so we would of course like to win, but you never know!
Like last year we´re just gonna go out and have a lot of fun and enjoy the time we get with the festival crew!
"All we are" is the title of your song, what can you tell me about it? whats the story behind the song? what made you write it? 
The song came about when we were writing an uptempo song for the album. When we were done with the demo we instantly felt that it had the potential to be a melodifestival song. So we kept the hook and re-arranged it. The song is about letting the youth of today speak up, statements of chasing you’re dreams and following thru.  
Describe the song with 4 words: 
Uptempo, Big, Singalong, Arena feeling!
What can you tell us about the performance? what can we expect to see on stage this year? 
More lights!!:)
We want to keep the performance secret, but we can reveal that it´s gonna be a little bit more this year ;) 
What do you think about the other artists on semifinal 3?
There is a lot of new talent this year as well as former mellodifestival artists who has the routine with big fan bases. So it’s going to be a tough one.. But in the end its the song that does it..
Did you watch Eurovision 2013? Any favorite? 
Didn’t watch it because of touring.. But the winning song was a good one:)
Tell me the first thing that comes to your mind when you hear the word:
2013: Our big breakthrough with the band!
Björkman: Melodifestivalen.
Watermelon: Juicy:)
Fog: Watch out!
Eurovision: The goal!
Bed: Needed in these hectic times.
Falling: First hit and theres more to come:)
Fangirling: We love our fans!
Selfie: Not ok, but sometimes you just can’t resist ;)
Cats: Skratch dat back!
Friends: Lets grab a cold one!
What are your plans for 2014? 
We´re planing the tour right now and hopefully getting to tour outside of Sweden too! We are also preparing to release both an EP and an Album this year.
Is there anything you want to say to close the interview?
Never give up, believe in yourself and work hard!

Thanks to State of Drama for this interview! Loved their answers! Good luck in Melodifestivalen!

Here is their official website: http://www.stateofdrama.com/
Instagram: http://instagram.com/stateofdrama

Here is the official video of "Fighter"

No comments:

Post a Comment