Monday, January 20, 2014

Manda: "My music shows a lot of emotions which is very important for me"

Photo: Richard Frantzén 
Hej hej! Less than 2 weeks left for Melodifestivalen 2014 and im here ready to post a new interview! She is one of the participants from Semifinal 2 and she is ready to make Linköping GLOW! Here are the answers of MANDA:

Name: Manda Malina Nilsenius
Birthday: 6 july
Height: 162 cm
Favorite Color: Pink and black
Favourite food: Pasta with mushrooms
Eye color: Blue/grey
Where are you right now? In my dads bed
What’s your strangest talent? I can move my pinky toe
Do you have any nicknames? No, my name is already short hahaha
Home alone and you're bored. What do you do? Watch Dr Phil. I'm addicted. 
What is the strangest thing you have in your room? A speaker that's in a shape of a red pig
What are you really good at? Singing and over analyzing
What are you really bad at? Sports and mathematics
Childhood idol: Michael Jackson
Childhood memory: When me and my best friend were 8 years old and we were running naked on the street. Suddenly our classmates saw us and we hid in our neighbours backyard. Only- they saw us cause they were having dinner. hahaha EPIC.
Favorite movie: Black Swan
Favorite TV series: Sex and the city
Tell me something no one knows about you: That I have a lot of scars on my legs cause I shave my legs too fast and I'm clumsy so I fall and hurt my legs.
What would you do if you were invisible? I think I would have done pranks to my brother. Pull chairs out, bang on his door, turn off the TV and stuff like that hahaha
Tell me a super power you wish you had: Read peoples minds
What is your guilty pleasure? French fries with bearnaise-sauce
Name a song that never fails to make you happy: Raise your glass - P!NK
Tell me one of your bad habits: I can sleep the whole day if no one wakes me up or if I don't put the alarm
on
Describe yourself with 3 words: Positive, stubborn and determined
When did you start singing?  When I was very little but I started for real when i was 11
Can you teach me some interesting words in Swedish? Flaggstångstoppsknopp! 
If you were the journalist what would you ask to Manda? and tell me your answer.
- Would you quit getting more tattoos if I paid you a million swedish kronor? The answer would be: Hell no!
Hej Manda! The Melodifestivalen is getting closer, how are you?
I'm feeling so happy! I can hardly wait!!

How would you describe yourself as an artist?
I have a very unique style and apperance, and my music shows a lot of emotions which is very important for me.
You are one of the 32 participants of Melodifestivalen 2014, how did it all begin?
It began with me going to a meeting with Joy and Linnea Deb, caused we had a mutual friend that thought we should work together. Everything felt great and I knew exactly who they were and they are amazing song writers, so it all started from there!
Your song its called "Glow" and its written by Joy & Linnéa Deb, Melanie Wehbe & Charlie Mason. How did you feel working with them?
I didn't write it with them so I tried out for the song kinda close to when the applications were gonna close. We applied for another song earlier but this one was just perfect. They are so proffessional and I'm honoured to work with them.
What can you tell me about the song? whats the story behind it?
This song means a lot to us all in the GLOW-team :-) It's about being strong in who you are as a person and not changing yourself cause of other peoples opinion and all of us five stand up for that.

What did you feel the 1st time you heard it?
Happiness! It just makes me happy.
Describe the song with 4 words.
encouraging, positive, hit and HIT! ;-)

Lets talk about the performance! what can we expect to see on stage?
It's gonna be very simple but at the same time different and very colourful from what you've seen before.
Do you know what you are going to wear for the semifinal? any hint?
Yes, I do. A lot of colours. ;-)

What do you think about the other artists in semifinal 2?
They are all amazing artists and they really push me to deliver better and better.
Did you watch Eurovision 2013? any favorite?
Yes! Im a huge fan. I LOVED "O mie" by Moldova. She reminded me a little bit of myself as an artist..

What do you like about Eurovision?
That it’s entertaining of course and a lot of different kinds of music genres.
Give me the first thing that comes to your mind when you hear the word:
2013: Busy
Nails: Colours
Molitva: Sweden’s got talent
Watermelon: Mexico
Fear: Spiders
Dreams: Music
Wind machine: Carola
Clones: Pigs
Melfest: MANDA WINS!!! ;-)
What are your plans for 2014?
My plan is to do my best in Melodifestivalen and tour cause thats what i love the most and also get my own apartment.
Is there anything you want to say to close the interview?
VOTE MANDA “GLOW”!! :-)))))

Thanks to Manda for the interview! Cant wait to see her on Melfest stage! Good luck!

Here is her official facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/mandaofficial

No comments:

Post a Comment