Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Mahan Moin: "My dream has come true"

Hola a todos! Lets celebrate a new day with a new melfest interview! She is not only a very talented girl but she also has a really beautiful energy! Here are the answers of MAHAN MOIN:

Name: Mahan Moin
Birthday: 11th march
Height: 173,5 
Favorite Color: Green/violette 
Favourite food: all the food without Carbs, but i prefer My moms persian food: Ghorme Sabzi is the best one! 
Eye color: Red-Brown
Where are you right now? In the forest, outside the Småland in Sweden, in a little wood house, close to the fire-place.
What’s your strangest talent? Hm, i do sometimes in my songs use my FLUTE, that i do with my mouth. 
Do you have any nicknames? Some people still call me MAE, from my music group ADORUS. But i have several alter-egos, and i use their names when i want to go to that especial feeling that every alter-ego of mine has.  
Home alone and you're bored. What do you do? I take my guitar, and sing some songs, then eventually some ideas comes for new ones...
What is the strangest thing you have in your room? haha... i would say my thoughts! 
What are you really good at?  I love to make the ones around me feel good, and i always try to give them a lot of energy, i love to take care of them, feed them and make them feel comfortable, as i am the oldest in my family, maybe that´s why i have that skill :) 
What are you really bad at? hm, knowing lots of things from a deeper perspective. I am good at the things i am interested in... hehe. 
Childhood idol: As a person my Swedish Grandmother, INGRID. As a musician first Carola then Aretha Franklin. 
Childhood memory: i am around 5-6 years, I am standing on our yard in Iran, where we lived in the country side, its dark, i look up in to the sky and try to count the stars... then i realize how small i am, how small we people are, and how much bigger the Universe is. But in that moment i could feel some kind of connection with my inner spirit... i inhaled the great energy, and felt that there is a meaning with my life, that i have a purpose, that i am every day trying to fulfill. 
Favorite movie: Fight Club. I love Brad Pitt, Leonardo Di Caprio and Jonny Depp!! 
Favorite TV series: Breaking Bad, Sex & the City, Game of Thrones
Tell me something no one knows about you: haha, you would like to know yeah? 
What would you do if you were invisible? Wow, that would be so cool. I would go in to every powerful persons office and sit on their meetings and try to figure out what their next move is. 
Tell me a super power you wish you had: I wish that i could look into peoples eyes and make them bloom and go on and spread love and live their dream. 
What is your guilty pleasure? Chocolate, more than one bite a day. hahah!  
Name a song that never fails to make you happy: oh my..that one was a hard one. Maybe. "Oh happy day..." ;) 
Tell me one of your bad habits: i am not a fan of dish washing... 
Describe yourself with 3 words: Energetic, Kind, Stubborn.
When did you start singing & writing? I started when i was very very small... around 2-3? but writing started from 11-12 years old. 
Can you teach me some interesting words in Swedish? "Kärlek Övervinner Allt" = "love Conquers all"
If you were the journalist what would you ask to Mahan Moin? and tell me your answer.
-Mahan Moin, why are you so stuck with music? Because i believe that every each of us is meant to do something in our life, and music is my way of communicating love, that´s why.
Hello Mahan, The 1st semifinal is getting closer, how do you feel right now?
I feel so grateful, and also nervous. I am focusing like the arrow of Robin Hood!  hahha!

How would you decribe yourself as an artist?
Schizophrenic, several dimensions of music. I am very open to try new things. And always go with the flow! 
You are one of the 32 participants of Melodifestivalen 2014, how did it all begin?
I met the great Anderz Wrethov. The energy between us was so strong and the melody and the lyrics just came like a Monsoon rain over us, that was the first time we ever met each other, and day 2, the song was done. We sent it in, and a few months later we were in. I believe in great energy. I believe in Now. 
"Aleo" is the title of your song and its written by You and Anderz Wrethov! How was it to work with him?
Anderz is very very talented, he is very colorful and easy to work with. We laughed from the moment we met, and we still laugh, haha! 


What can you tell me about the song? whats the story behind it?
Aleo is a word that we made up. The word means: One, Together, We, Us, Strong, Powerful, force, human, Love. 
I can give you a picture of ALEO, imagine a tree, were the branches are people and they meet in the body of the tree, were the stem stands for: Together, strong, we, us, power, force, one, Love.
The song is about that together we can make a change. And also that loneliness is not a choice, together we are STRONGER! 
"One tree is rarely without branches,
the forest is rarely with only one tree. 
There is only Love
There is only Aleo."

Describe the song with 4 words:
A L E O 

Lets talk about the performance, what can we expect to see on stage?
Lots of JOY and dance!!
Do you know what you are going to wear for the semifinal? any hint?
Hm.. very hard to say anything yet.:)

Did you watch eurovision 2013? Any favorite?
I loved the way CEZAR sang "It´s my life" but my favorite was Margaret Berger, And "Marry Me" Was energetic, my Friends wrote that song!  And of course "Only Teardrops" 
What do you like about Eurovision?
I love that the whole Europe is united and that we can together have a big party together, and i imagine that we all can learn different things about each other. I love when Different cultures meet! 
Give me the first thing that comes to your mind when you hear the word:
2013: GREAT YEAR! Year of change! 
Forest: I am from the forest!! 
Clones: We should do clones of Great people, full of inspiration & Love!
Watermelon: I was born with a watermelon and a microphone in my mounth! I am persian you know.. hahha
Carola: My first swedish Idol!
Dreams: I dream about being a great person, writing songs and through my music spread love. I hope i can be one of millions of people in this world who will fight for Human rights, equality and again.. LOVE. 
Stage: My dream has come true. I am standing on my dream-stage 1th of february 2014. 
What can you tell us about your new song "Man ba to"?
man ba to means= you and I. Its about Love and support. And even if you have a physical distance to a person, the love can bring you closer and with that love you can move mountains. 

What are your plans for 2014?
Live my dream. Be my dream. Inhale and exhale my dream. MY MUSIC. 

Is there anything you want to say to close the interview?
Thank you for all these great questions! 
If you can do it, just do it. Never underestimate yourself. Go with light for love. ALEO, Mahan.
Thanks to Mahan for this lovely interview! Good luck in Melodifestivalen! She is going to be Melodi nummer 2 in the 1st semifinal.

Here is her official website: http://thisismahan.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/mahanmoinmusic1
Twitter: https://twitter.com/MahanMoin
Instagram: http://instagram.com/mahanmoin

No comments:

Post a Comment