Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Lili Lambert: "I only hope to get a contact with the audience"

The UMK live shows are starting this week and im here to post an interview of one of the artists from the 1st semifinal. The final version of her song is really good and i've been singing it all this week! Here are the answers of LILI LAMBERT:

Name: Lili Lambert
Birthday: October 26th
Zodiac sign: scorpio
Height: 5’8 = 172cm
Favorite Color: electric blue
Favourite food: pepper steak
Eye color: greyish blue
Where are you right now? at home, on my couch
3 things that makes you happy: my family, singing & friends
What’s your strangest talent? wiggling my nose probably 
Do you have any nicknames? just Lili
Home alone and you are bored. What do you do? I sing or play firstshooter games with playstation
What is the strangest thing you have in your room? A wooden traintrack set
What are you really good at? singing & baking
What are you really bad at? I’m a real slow reader with novels and such
Childhood idol: Chaka Khan
Childhood memory: driving with my dad and uncle for several hundred miles getting a piano to our house, loved that trip
Tell me something no one knows about you: My eye sight is really bad... I’ve had contact lenses since I was 14
What would you do if you were invisible? I’d walk in the street and see the world a little differently and secretly help people out
Favorite movie: Star Wars Return of the Jedi
Favorite TV series: Sex In The City
Tell me a super power you wish you had: Wish I could fly
What is your guilty pleasure? Chocolate & candy
Name a song that never fails to make you happy: Ain’t Nobody by Chaka Khan
Tell me some of your bad habits: I forget doors open, closets and other doors... then I bump into them 
When did you start singing & writing? I started singing and performing really young, probably since I was 4. Writing music has only started receantly in the past few years.
Can you teach me some interesting words in finnish? ihana = lovely/adorable, söpö = cute
If you were the journalist what would you ask to Lili Lambert? and tell me your answer.
I would ask what would I like to accomplish with my music. And I would answer that I want my music to lift spirits and make people daydream or dance and forget about everything but the moment.
Hello Lili! The live shows are getting closer, how are you? 
I’m good thanks. Really looking forward to the show! My team is ready to go 

How would you describe as an artist? 
I’m and r&b singer that loves to sing with strong emotion. I have roots in gospel and my own music is urban pop.
You are one of the finalists on UMK 2014, how did it all begin? 
I sent one of my songs to the competition, hoping to get to the finalists so I can show what kind of music I want to do as an artist to a bigger audience.

Your song is called "Let me take you there", what can you tell me about it? whats the story behind the song? 
It’s about having a crush... the feeling of it and you want the other side to know that you have something they want that only you can give.
Describe the song with 4 words: 
inviting, teasing, dancy & hot

How did you feel in the 1st performance in front of the juries? 
I was way too nervous in the studio. My legs were shaking. It went well, but it could’ve gone so much better in my opinion. I’m happy with the feedback though.
What can we expect to see on stage for the next performance? 
More flirting and some dance moves... still I only hope to get a contact with the audience

Do you know what you are going to wear for the live shows? can you give us a hint?
I can tell you that my heels are higher than I usually perform with, so I’ve had to practise that a lot. Theres going to be much more “bling” 
What can you tell me about the final version of the song? 
Well the biggest chance was to make the chorus stronger and I think we succeeded quite well. I just hope people feel it when I sing it live and the background really supports it now.

What do you think about the other UMK participants? Do you like any song? 
I like many of them. I have lots of friends as my competitors, so I don’t wanna say any particular favourite. I’m priviledged to be in talented company.
Did you watch Eurovision 2013? Any favorite? 
Yes I did. Krista did a great job. Songwise, I really liked the Norweigan song.

What do you like about Eurovision? 
It’s a good showcase for finding hits & new music

What do you dislike about Eurovision? 
I don’t like the voting part where lots of coutries make it political and vote for their neighbors... vote for the best songs! 
Tell me the first thing that comes to your mind when you hear the word:
2013: a tough year, but I’m over it
Fear: falling on a live tv show
Eurovision: an opportunity
Chisu: An inspirational girl
Clones: Star Wars
Music: love
Jenni Vartiainen: a sweety, good friend
The Voice: A really nice memory
Watermelon: summer
Cats: warm
UMK juries: intreaging 
What are your plans for 2014? 
To get my music out there, finally!

Is there anything you want to say to close the interview? 
Thanks! I really liked the questions! Have a great 2014!

Thanks to Lili for the interview! Good luck on Saturday! Have fun and give us a great performance!

Here is her Official Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/LiliLambertOfficial

Here are the lyrics of her UMK song:
LET ME TAKE YOU THERE - LILI LAMBERT
When I, I
Think about feelin
Just think about feelin’ how my heart races seeing you
I can’t deny, I  
Can’t believe this could happen to me so fast
Cause you, you
Got me caught up
When you look at me, electricity, I know you feel the 
Same way too, don’t you
Oh boy, you make me wanna dance

pre
You don’t even know
I’ll take you for a ride
I’ll take you to places where you’ve never been before
Let me show how
All you have to do
just hold on, let me take you there!!!

Chorus:
I got what you want, I got what you need, let me take you there

When I, I
Take you higher
It’s a dream you won’t ever wanna wake up, you and I, don’t be shy
Close your eyes, just let me make you mine

pre
You don’t even know
I will take you high
I’ll take you to places where you’ve never been before
Let me show how
All you have to do
just hold on, let me take you there!!!

chorus

bridge:
I’m so into you
Gonna tease you until you take the lead     
I’ll make your wish come true
Gonna be the only drug you need    

chorus

No comments:

Post a Comment