Tuesday, January 7, 2014

JONI: "I work hard and focus on my music"

Hello Hungary! its time for the 1st A Dal interview! She is not only a lovely singer but she also has one of the best songs in the competition! Here are the answers of JONI:
Name: Johanna Toth 
Birthday: 13th of may
Zodiac sign: Taurus
Height: 1.71cm
Favorite Color: Red
Favourite food: Nokedli
Eye color: Green
Where are you right now? In a cafe in Budapest
3 things that makes you happy: Music, sunlight, friends
What’s your strangest talent? I can touch my nose with my tongue
Do you have any nicknames? Hanni
Home alone and you are bored. What do you do? Sleep
What is the strangest thing you have in your room? I have no strange things in my room
What are you really good at? Loosing things
What are you really bad at? Arriving on time sadly...
Childhood idol: Yasmine from Aladin
Childhood memory: Performing with my sister in our grandmothers backyard
Tell me something no one knows about you: Im an open book
What would you do if you were invisible? Study random peoples behaviour
Favorite movie: Gladiator
Favorite TV series: Gilmore Girls
Tell me a super power you wish you had: I wish I could learn and speak all languages
What is your guilty pleasure? Ben and Jerry´s Cockie Dough
Name a song that never fails to make you happy: Jason Mraz - Living in the moment
Tell me some of your bad habits: I tend to check my e-mail waaaaay more than I should
When did you start singing & writing? Ive always been singing, I wrote my first song 2010
Can you teach me some interesting words in hungarian/swedish? In swedish: Köttbulle-Meatball
If you were the journalist what would you ask to JONI? and tell me your answer.
Wow, I dont know... I would ask what my biggest fear is, and its probably insomnia, terrible desease!!
Hello, how are you?
Hi, Im great!! 

How would you describe as an artist?
Im very down to earth as an artist, I dont like to get caught up in what everyone else thinks.
I work hard and focus on my music.

You are one of the finalists of A Dal 2014, how did it all begin?
My friend Gabby and I was writing a lot during the summer back in sweden, we aded amazing songwriters and producers to the group and voila! Im very lucky to have so much talent around me. But the road to get here have been so looooong!! I started writing in 2010 when I was working as a hotel singer, 2012 I quit and decided to commit 100% to my own music, in nov. 2013 I released my first single "Chain You" here in Budapest.

Your song is called "Waterfall", what can you tell me about it? whats the story behind it?
I was going through a time in my life when I felt like I was standing on the edge of a waterfall. Ive been told many times that I shouldnt sing my own songs, that Im not good enough etc. and it had been holding me back. But I had to let all of that negativity go to be able to follow my dream. I just wanted to let it all out, and so I did.

Describe your song with 4 words:
Intimate, powerful, personal, emotional.

Lets talk about the performance, what can we expect to see on stage?
Its gonna be very unique, it will be the biggest performance this far in my life so Im not gonna hold back on anything.
Have you heard any of the songs from the other participants? do you like anyone?
Yes, Ive listened to most of them, I really like Cserpes Laura, Bogi and BülBüls.

Did you watch Eurovision 2013? Any favorite? 
Hmmm, I cant remember if I did

What do you like about Eurovision?
That theres so many different genres and cultures represented, I love all music and people!!
What do you dislike about Eurovision?
Haha, I cant think of anything!

Tell me the first thing that comes to your mind when you hear the word:
2013: Chain You
Forest: Birds
Music: Love
Sweden: IKEA
Fear: dinasours
Eurovision: YEEEEEY
Watermelon: Thirsty
ByeAlex: More love
Clones: Sheep

What are your plans for 2014?
To get on stage as much as I can, release more songs, write more to other artists, go to LA!!
Is there anything you want to say to close the interview?
Dreams really do come true. Mine did!!

Thanks to Johanna for this lovely interview! I cant wait to see her on stage! I wish her all the best!

Here is her Official website: http://www.joni-music.com
Her Official Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Never4got10
Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/never4got10

Here are the lyrics of her "A Dal" song:


WATERFALL - JONI
Music & Lyrics: Johanna Toth, Gabriella Wilson, Michael James Down, Emanuel Abrahamsson, Dimitri Stassos

Like a wildflower stuck in a seed
You're kept in the dark, been held there too long
Like a stone heart you're dying to live
The beating is gone, you're still holding on

No, I will never give up give up this fight
And, I just have to get up get up and try

Im standing on the edge of a waterfall
I can see it clearly from above
That I've been holding back for way too long
But nothing's gonna stop me anymore
Im letting go
Waterfall
Im letting go
Like a waterfall

Like a kite being tied by a string
Fighting to fly, you're pulled to the ground
Like a burning star no one has seen
No matter how hard try, you're lost in the sky.

No, I will never give up give up this fight
And, I just have to get up get up and try

Im standing on the edge of a waterfall
I can see it clearly from above
That I've been holding back for way too long
But nothing's gonna stop me anymore
Im letting go
Waterfall
Im letting go
Like a waterfall

When darkness comes
Just light it up
And let it burn
For us for us

When darkness comes
Just light it up
And let it burn
For us for us

Im standing on the edge of a waterfall
I can see it clearly from above
That I've been holding back for way too long
But nothing's gonna stop me anymore
Im letting go
Waterfall
Im letting go
Like a waterfall

No comments:

Post a Comment