Saturday, January 25, 2014

Jasmin Michaela: A colorful, passionate and strong artist

Photo: Tom Hakala/ Anatom.fi
The UMK2014 semifinal is tonight so lets celebrate it with a new interview! She is absolutely fabulous and her song is HOT! Here are the answers of JASMIN MICHAELA:

Name: Jasmin Michaela
Birthday: 12.3.1988
Height: 159,5 cm
Favorite Color: Red and black
Favourite food: Coat and halloume cheese, chicken, green peans, vegetables and so on.
Eye color: blue/grey
Where are you right now? At the hotel in Helsinki
3 things that makes you happy: Singing, dancing, loved ones
What’s your strangest talent? I can make a fish face
Do you have any nicknames? Zhäsmin, Jassu
Home alone and you are bored. What do you do? I play my favorite latin music and I dance.
What is the strangest thing you have in your room? Wakening lamp, I couldn`t live without it
What are you really good at? Listening people and creative things
What are you really bad at? Lying
Childhood idol: Celine Dion, Christina Aguilera, Spice Girls and Britney Spears
Childhood memory: Just before I had to sing at a wedding a funny song called Villin lännen kouluun,  I messed with my dress and fell in the mud. My mum was glad;) and I was about seven years old.
Tell me something no one knows about you: I`m working at marketing field and I have teached Zumba
What would you do if you were invisible? I would scare people, the spooky things:D
Favorite movie: I have many favorite movies, maybe Moulin Rouge and Burlesque
Favorite TV series: I don`t have time to watch tv, but I have to watch finnish series like Putous and Vain elämää. Also American idols, X-factor so on.
Tell me a super power you wish you had: I would like to fly, cause I`m always late
What is your guilty pleasure? Liquorice
Name a song that never fails to make you happy: JLo - Que Hiciste
Tell me some of your bad habits: I usually buy food to the fridge but I don`t have the time to eat it.
When did you start singing & writing? I started singing in a very early age and writing at 14
Can you teach me some interesting words in finnish? Tanssiminen=dancing, pusu=kiss, kertakäyttösydän=disposable heart, terveellinen ruoka= Healthy food
If you were the journalist what would you ask to Jasmin Michaela? and tell me your answer.
What is you strength as an artist? I have strong personality, stage presence and I know what i want.
Photo: Kimmo Myllyoja
Hello Jasmin! How do you feel right now?
I`m excited and also nervous. I`ll try to do my best and I hope that people vote for me.

How would you describe yourself as an artist?
Colorful, passionate, strong, tasteful and energetic
UMK 2014! tell me how did it all begin?
I get together with this group last year and we made this song together for me. I have made lot of effort on how the song sounds. UMK was a great place to put the demo and we got lucky. 
Photo: Kristiina Mäki
Kertakäyttösydän (I have no idea how to pronounce that but i love it) is the title of your song. Whats the story behind it? 
The song has been written by Johanna Viksten and it tells about a strong woman who wants to be happy and who wants to forget the heart breaker. This girls attitude also grows during the song, She doesn`t need anyone to make her happy. She just wants to own the night and be happy alone or with someone else.
Photo: Kimmo Myllyoja
Describe your song with 4 words:
Catchy,  funny, girly and latinpop

How did you feel in the 1st heat performance in front of a big audience and the juries?
That was great day and I got so much good feedback.
Photo: Kristiina Mäki
What can you tell us about the english version of your song?
It`s coming and if I win there is a chance to sing Kertakäyttösydän in english

How do you feel about the reaction of the juries and the public with you song/performance?
I have tried to focus on my own thing. I have also listened to all the constructing criticisms and tried to improve myself as an artist and performer.
Photo: Kimmo Myllyoja
What do you think about the other UMK participants? Do you like any song?
Yes many of them, Hanna Sky, Mikko Pohjola and Softengine are my favs.

Did you watch Eurovision 2013? Any favorite? 
Yes, I watch Eurovision every year. Last year I was proud of Krista Siegfrids and I also liked Norways Margaret Berger
Photo: Kristiina Mäki
What do you like about Eurovision?
I think it`s a great competition, because you can hear music from different cultures

Tell me the first thing that comes to your mind when you hear the word:
2013: Best year of chances
Finland: Home
Clones: Scary
Eurovision: Opportunity
Fear: Bad feeling
Dreams: Hope of life
Watermelon: Bad liqueur
UMK juries: Fair and supportive
Photo: Kristiina Mäki
What are your plans for 2014?
To make more songs and to have my first album recorded

Is there anything you want to say to close the interview?
Hope you people give me your vote, it would mean lot to me.
Jasmin Michaela
Photo: Kristiina Mäki
Thanks to Jasmin for the answers! If you like her dont forget to vote for her tonight! Song number 4! GO JASMIN!


Here are the lyrics of "Kertakäyttösydän"
Tää ei oo mikään jenkkileffa
EI ei auta jäätelögallona
Bussiin taas viime minuutilla
karistaa nää sydänsurut pois

Tarviin tään illan kierroksilla
harhan, että yö olis jatkuva
Varastaa aion lauseita stoorin joka illan kestää vois

Terassilla jotkut musta puhuu, kommentoi no voivoi
Sinne navigoin mä missä lujaa lujempaa soi

Rakkauden riekaleista parsin sen 
yhden illan kertakäyttösydämen
Ihmettä oota en annan itselleni taas
Luvan olla onnellinen 

Rakkauden riekaleista parsin sen 
yhden illan kertakäyttösydämen
Ihmettä oota en annan itselleni taas
Luvan olla onnellinen

Vaikka näin hävii kuus nolla 
ai ai pian uusi kierros ois
Taidan jo melkein koossa olla
prinsseistä en hallusinoi

Hameen helmaa joku tyyppi mittaa
kommentoi no voivoi
Yksinäisen yön se hölmö
itsellensä noin joi


Rakkauden riekaleista parsin sen 
yhden illan kertakäyttösydämen
Ihmettä oota en annan itselleni taas
Luvan olla onnellinen 

Rakkauden riekaleista parsin sen 
yhden illan kertakäyttösydämen
Ihmettä oota en annan itselleni taas
Luvan olla onnellinen

Instrumental

Rakkauden riekaleista parsin sen 
yhden illan kertakäyttösydämen
Ihmettä oota en annan itselleni taas
Luvan olla onnellinen 

Rakkauden riekaleista parsin sen 
yhden illan kertakäyttösydämen
Ihmettä oota en annan itselleni taas
Luvan olla onnellinen

No comments:

Post a Comment