Tuesday, January 14, 2014

HoneyBeast: A band sweet like honey and wild as a beast

Its time for the 2nd A Dal interview! They are very interesting band and their song is really good! Here are the answers of Sofia from HONEYBEAST:
Name: Sofia Tarjan
Birthday: July 26th
Zodiac sign: Leo
Height: 173 cm
Favorite Color: Black and White and Blue.
Favourite food: Fresh fruits, vegetables, chocolate and sushi.
Shoe Size: 38
Eye colour: dark
What do you do in the band: lead vocals 
Where are you right now?: I'm at home. I like spending time at home.
3 things that makes you happy: singing, drawing and cooking.
What’s your strangest talent?: I can do a lot of voices, voices of different people, animals and fantasy characters. 
Do you have any nicknames?: Not really. 
Home alone and you are bored. What do you do?: I like reading, watching concerts on YouTube
What is the strangest thing you have in your room? My walls actually. I painted them red, orange and yellow on a special way, i put the roll painter inside of every colours and it came out pretty cool. It looks like it was on fire. 
What are you really good at?: Fantasy and imaginary. :)
What are you really bad at?: Maths.
Childhood idol: I didn’t have one but i loved horses. 
Childhood memory: I can remember myself making voices of different animals and also some people. I could sound like them. I had a lot of fun with my friends. 
Tell me something no one knows about you: I like the colour pink really much, but i don’t wear it so no one knows that i like it. 
What would you do if you were invisible? I would go to the forest and take cool photos of wild animals. 
Craziest thing you've ever done: I don’t remember but crazy things happen to me all the time.
Favorite movie: 2001 Space Odyssey. I love science fiction!
Favorite TV series: Tom and Jerry
Tell me a super power you wish you had: Being able to teleport. (and fly)
What's your favorite part of your body? I have no favourite part of my body, but people like my eyes.
What is your guilty pleasure?: Eating chocolate late at night while I'm watching cool movies.
Name a song that never fails to make you happy: Black or White from Michael Jackson.
Tell me some of your bad habits: I can be lazy sometimes. 
If you were a product, how would you sell yourself?  If I was some kind of food it would sound like this: Tender but still sweet and sour - This taste gets your heart on fire! :)
Can you teach me some interesting words in hungarian? Yes! Legnagyobb means the greatest and hős means hero. This is the title of our song. A legnagyobb hős means The Greatest Hero.
If you were the journalist what would you ask to Honeybeast? and tell me your answer. 
I would probably ask about the band's plans for the Eurovision and the future. And we would say we try our best and we are really happy to participate in such a great competition and we hope we will have fun and we get to meet a lot of people there and in the future as well. We are planning to make some new songs and we hope to have as many concerts as possible. 
Hello! how are you?
I'm fine, thank you.

What can you tell me about the band? how did you meet each other? when did you start playing together? 
I joined the band in 2012, my friend from my school wrote me a letter about his band Honeybeast looking for a new singer and that he thought i might fit in. I didn’t have a band at the time so i got interested in it, I went there, tried it and my voice fit the band's style. This is how i joined, but the band was originally formed around 2005. 
How would you describe the band? 
I don’t think Honeybeast could be described by only one genre. We like all types of music like alternative rock, pop and Jazz. We put together all the impressions from what we love and make something out of it that is special for us and we hope our fans like it too.

Tell me about the name of the band: 
Honeybeast was originally Honey Bee. It changed to Honeybeast before the first album came out. There is no such a word like Honeybeast, its fantasy name. Its based on two sides merged together in one like beauty and the beast or honey and the beast. One side is sweet but it can also be wild as a beast on the other side. 
The band is one of finalists of A Dal 2014. How did it all begin?
I still can’t believe it actually. We didn’t think that we can get in but our management told us that the band might be ready for it so we sent in two songs and it worked! 

"A legnagyobb hős" is the title of your song. What can you tell me about it? What is the story behind the song? 
Its about a pair getting to know each other falling in love and getting married. The song describes all the doubts and frustrations behind the whole story. This is not completely a happy song, but it does have happy parts though.
Describe the song with 4 words: 
Honest, brave, strong and energetic i think thas would describe it the best.

Lets talk about the performance, what can we expect to see on stage?
As I told the song is about a marriage, so that I will wear an extreme black bridal dress and the band will dress up elegantly like they were all fiancés. We also plan that the animation behind us will show the story of the song. I drew the characters of it actually. Our girl is a princess and our guy is a prince and their horse is actually a donkey. The donkey is my favourite character because he is funny and he represents the reality behind the dreams. 
Have you heard any of the other A Dal participants? do you have a favourite?
Yes, I listened to all of the songs and i have many favourites. There are many great bands and singers. 

Did you watch Eurovision 2013? Any favourite?
Yes, I did and I was really happy that Hungary got the 10th place! I also liked the song called Lonely Planet from the Dorians a lot. 

What do you like about Eurovision?
It brings together most of the people with music and this is a wonderful thing.
What do you dislike about Eurovision?
Honestly? As i said it brings the most of the people together with the power of love and music but I still see some people measuring by political views and stereotypes instead of listening to any of the music. This is sad.

Tell me the first thing that comes to your mind when you hear the word:
2013: A lot of work.
Storm: Wind.
Eurovision: I'm happy the our band can be the part of it in 2014.
Watermelon: I love it.
Friends: Real friends are forever!
Music: Love.
Hero: Hero is the title of our song actually, it's called A legnagyobb hős which means The Greatest Hero.
Cats: Hug. I like to hug cats! They are so funny :)
Stage: Passion 
ByeAlex: He really liked our song and wrote cool things about it! It was a great feeling to read it. Thank you!

What are your plans for 2014?
We are working very hard for the Eurovision and we try to do our best and we hope we can have as many concerts as possible afterwards.
Is there anything you want to say to close the interview?
We are really happy that our song got in to Hungary`s first 30. We already feel like we were winners. We get many love from a lot of people who didn’t even know about the band before, that feels magical! We wanna say thank you for that!

Thanks to Sofia for this lovely interview! Good luck on A Dal!

Here is their official website: http://www.honeybeast.hu

Here are the lyrics of their A Dal song "A legnagyobb hős":
Honeybeast
A legnagyobb hős

A jó híremen nem eshet csorba
Beállok én is a tornasorba
Hiszem, hogy két paralel történet
A végtelenben összeérhet.

Álmaimban nem ezt vártam, 
De felébredtem és megtaláltam
Szabad egy hely és leparkolnék
Veled az időben eltévednék.

De tudom-e majd überelni anyádat?
És te nem mosod magad után a kádat.
Gyűjtünk lakásra és autóra
Coelho-idézet a meghívókra…

Refrén:
Te vagy a legnagyobb hős a világon
Én a királynőd és te a királyom
Hova is rejtsem el a szívem tőled
Nehogy a végén majd összetörjed

Az idióta is célba érhet
Mi meg doppingolva nyertünk érmet
Nekem a fitness partizánok
Neked a lelkes kurtizánok

Jutnak – de tényleg én nem ezt vártam
A filmekben csak annyit láttam,
A történetet csókkal zárják.
A folytatást velünk forgatták…

És nem tudtam überelni anyádat
S te nem mosod magad után a kádat
Van nagy lakás és nagy autó
Közel már az utolsó szó.

Refrén:
Te vagy a legnagyobb hős a világon
Én a királynőd és te a királyom
Hova is rejtsem el a szívem tőled
Nehogy a végén majd összetörjed

Kész vagyok teljesen a kis klambókra
Jöhet a millió hős berepülő pilóta
Nincs te és én, csak mi – összebújva, 
Nyaral az ész és mi megkukulva elvagyunk, mert jön a szerelem.

No comments:

Post a Comment