Thursday, April 4, 2013

Valentina Monetta: "Crisalide is like a breath of life"

Its time for another Eurovision interview!! She participated last year in Baku and got the best result for San Marino, this year she is coming back to FLY! Here are the answers of the lovely VALENTINA MONETTA:

Name: Valentina Monetta
Zodiac sign: Pisces
Height: 1.60
Favorite Color:  right now red
Eye color: green 
Where are you right now? I am answering you from home while drinking a coca cola
What’s your strangest talent? Music
Do you have any nicknames? La Monetta or La Vale
What are you really good at? Improvising
What are you really bad at? My emotions but they give me strength
Childhood idol: my brother, Elvis and Lady Oscar
Favorite movie: Shine, The pianist, Midnight in Paris
What would you do if you were invisible? I will vanish the bad people
Tell me a super power you wish you had: I would like to be superwoman
What is your guilty pleasure? Eating 1kg of ice cream as dinner
Name a song that never fails to make you happy: I will survive
Describe yourself with 3 words: passionate, sweet, crazy
Can you teach me some interesting words in Italian? Campare come sopravvivere (Learn how to live)
When did you start singing? When I was a child
Lets start talking about last year experience, what do you remember the most? and what did you learn from the experience in Baku?
Baku was like throwing your self down an airplane without a parachute but it was a really fun experience and it helped me to get to know better Ralph Siegel with whom I am glad that this year I am working again.The best part of the Baku experience was the park of the Crystal Hall. And I was live with Sevda Alekper Zadeh in the Jazz Session Breakfast TV during the Eurovision. Improvising and mixing our own personal music and vocals, accompanied with various musicians it was an indescribable experience. It is a very nice way to get to know each other. WOW



How would you describe yourself as an artist?
Versatile but very passionate
What are the differences between Valentina ESC 2012 & Valentina ESC 2013?
I will leave the readers to judge
Photo: Augusto Betiula

How did the 2013 project begin?
After Baku Ralph visited San Marino to see my show “Camelia” and I’ve listened to Crisalide, then he called the poet Mauro Balestri , who is the author of the song, and here we are with this song…
Photo: Augusto Betiula

The title of the song is "Crisalide" whats the story behind the song? what did you think the 1st time you heard it?
I’ve felt like a finger touching a wound that was being cured with a very interesting musical harmony such melody was so similar to the type of songs I sing. “Crisalide” is like a breath of life, an awareness of a new truth to help us face courage, a positive message to recover our selves.... distroying all the walls that doesn’t let us to believe in ourselves. The Beatles used to say “Let it be” and I say “Fly”.


Describe your song with 4 words
A breath for life

What can you tell me about the eurovision performance? what can we expect to see on stage?
Myself with a beautiful red color 
Photo: Augusto Betiula

Do  you already know what you are going to wear for the eurovision performance? can you give me a hint?
Red my favorite color

What do you like about Eurovision?
That is about music
What do you dislike about Eurovision?
That doesn’t only focus on music
Photo: Augusto Betiula

Is there anything you want to say to close the interview? 
I am looking forward to be on the stage in Malmo and I hope you will like my performance!

Thanks to Valentina for the interview! 
San Marino is one of my favorites this year, i really love the song and i hope it gets a great result on may! GO VALENTINA! GO SAN MARINO!!

Here is her official website: http://www.valentinamonetta.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment