Friday, February 1, 2013

Eyþór Ingi: Ég á líf is Real, Beautiful and Tender

The Icelandic final is on saturday and i did an interview with one of their finalists, here are the answers of Eyþór Ingi:

Name: Eythor Ingi 
Age : 23 
Zodiac sign : gemini
Height : 181 cm
Favorite Color : Black
Favourite food : Fish, Icelandic Plokkfisk
Shoe Size : 44
Eye color : Blue
Where are you right now? In Reykjavik
3 things that makes you happy: My wife, children and music
What’s your strangest talent? Singing
Do you have any nicknames? Just Eythor Ingi
Home alone and your bored. What do you do? Write songs
What are you really good at? Performing
What are you really bad at? Organizing
Childhood idol : Elvis, Beatles, Deep Purple, Led Zeppelin, David Bowie
What would you do if you were invisible? Visit David Bowie
Favorite movie : Black Swan
Tell me a super power you wish you had: Flying
Tell me one of your insecurities : Answering questions about myself
What is your guilty pleasure? : Burgers
Name a song that never fails to make you happy : Grase, Jeff Buckley
Can you teach me some interesting words in Icelandic? Veðurspá (weather forecast) We need to think about that a lot here in Iceland and when we are out at sea.
Tell me some of your bad habits : Being late
When did you start singing and writing? Around 7 years old
If you were the journalist what would you ask to Eyþór? and tell me your answer.
Where did you grow up? 
In Dalvik a small fishing village in the Northern part of Iceland. The most beautiful place in the world.
Hey! We are getting closer to the final, how do you feel right now? 
Nervous

How would you describe as an artist? 
Rock singer and song writer

You are one of the finalist in the Icelandic selection this year. How did it all begin? 
The song writers who I know asked me to sing the song and I liked it because it is beautiful and has a true feeling.
Ég á Líf is the title of your song. What is the song about? what did you think the 1st time you heard it? 
It is about that everyone has a time in their live that they don´t feel happy and are going in the wrong direction. Then something or someone comes into your life and changes it and you find your self again. The first time a heard the song I knew there was a real story behind the lyrics and I felt it. 
Describe your song with 4 words : 
Real, True, Beautiful and Tender
What can you tell me about the performance? 
Simple performance of a beautiful song with a feeling of the story. But it is live so anything can happen.
How do you feel with the reaction of the people with your song? 
Nice

Did you listen to the songs that are going to compete with you in the selection? what do you think about them? 
Yes and some of them are really good.
What do you like about Eurovision? 
The power of the big stage

What do you dislike about Eurovision? 
Competing in art

Did you watch eurovision 2012? what do you think about the winner? 
The winner was great and I loved her performance. I saw her accoustic version of the song and that was fantastic and then she also did a song from the Icelandic superstar Bjork, Yoga.
Do you like any of the Eurovision songs from Iceland? 
Eurovisa, Botnledja. I was sad when that did not go all the way and Minn hinsti dans, Paul Oscar.

What are your plans for this year? 
I have a lot of things planed and I am especially looking forward to perform  with my own band before Deep Purple in June.

Is there anything you want to say to close the interview? 
Stay true to yourself


Thanks to Eythor for the answers! I wish him good luck on the final!!

Here is his facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/eythoringimusic

No comments:

Post a Comment